cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

almost
Adept I

RX 590 XFX FATBOY PROBLEM

So i've been using the RX 590 8GB FatBoy for about 5-6 months maybe less but last 2-3 months i've had a problem with it.While im playing the screen is closing and it says no signal but i can still hear discord,game,voices and speak back to them etc.It happens when im playing F1 2020 sometimes on COD warzone and Spellbreak aswell.I've tried to boost the fan speeds but that wasnt it.First i tried msi afterburner and then the amd's software.Nothing solved my problem it just keep turning off and i had to restart my pc every single time and then when i was opening it i was seeing a notificiation in Radeon Software something about a wattman i don't really know what it is.Any help is appreciated.And should i send it back for a refund???
Thanks in advancepastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
7 Replies
wth
Adept II

The video driver is crashing.Try this next time it happens. On your keyboard press the following keys to restart the driver.  Win+Ctrl+Shift+B  That should restart the driver and return u to your screen.I would recommend doing a clean install of the Amd video drivers to see if that fixes the issue.

0 Likes
kinarky
Journeyman III

I know from experience that the stock thermal paste on this card is straight sh*t. It will only get worse with time.

If you're seeing more than 80°C on the gpu consider putting some real product into it.

Ask your reseller if you trust it, I wouldn't though, most would just replace it with another kind of sh*t.

Avoid afterburner or similar, that's asking for more crash. The stock fan curve is fine, it's targetting 75°C and that's what you should see.

0 Likes
almost
Adept I

So Win+Ctrl+Shift+B didnt work it still says no signal.I havent try changing thermal paste because i dont know how to do so.It just closes after 5 min in f1 2020 without msi afterburner and only the amd's fan curve

0 Likes

What is your gpu temperature with F1 2020 running ?

Like wth said, clean install display drivers with DDU is worth a try.

For  changing the paste there are lots of video tutorials.

0 Likes
almost
Adept I

I did reinstall the drivers twice. In fact I have 80-82 degrees on gpu and 65 cpu and I've read that amd gpus can handle over 90 degrees so it shouldnt be turning off.

0 Likes

According to specs the gpu can take it but I'm not so sure about the card, it's made of cheap design and material.

The vram plate is made of iron, the backplate does not serve any cooling purpose in fact it probably works better without it, the fans start grinding when it's reaching 80°C+.

Anyway it should work as intended, so considering it dysfunctional is also right. So good luck

0 Likes

Would also check which position the dip switch is in.Those cards have a dual bios on them and the switch is to the left of the power plug in's.Make sure its in the far left position which is performance mode.If its set to the right switch it to the left.May or may not help but think its still a driver issue.May try the amd adrenaline 20.5.1 drivers and see if those help.

Will add my XFX RX 590 is about 3 years old and the card never gets over 60 or 65 c while gaming so would highly recommend making sure its set to performance bios if you are using it for gaming.

0 Likes