Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hexel
Adept I

RX 590 nitro+ causes system reboot every time a game loads

Hello folks,

I'm in need of help because my new SAPPHIRE RX 590 Nitro+ causes system reboot every time a game loads...

I've tried to run 3DMark's "Time Spy Dx12" bench but the GPU keeps crashing in the 1st phase.

All the existing drivers are showing the same result: crash and reboot

The "time till crash" increases but still happening using a Power Limit of -50%.

All the games that I have tried are crashing after the loading screens, for example:

• PUBG:
    • At first I've managed to get in the match lobby, but now the game keep crashing after the loading screen, just after some frames of the game menu/game lobby.
  • Battlefield 4
    • The system crashes after the map loading screen, just before the first frame from the game engine is rendered.

Someone knows a way to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance

My system specs:

CPU: FX- 8370

GPU: SAPPHIRE RX 590 Nitro+

PSU: Corsair VS650

RAM: CMY16GX3M2A2400C11 running at 1866Mhz

MOBO: MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition - BIOS P.4 latest bios available

MONITOR: AOC e2460Sh on HDMI

EDIT:

I've tried to change te clock speed in WattMan and I'm currently able to run the gpu at 1365Mhz without any issue.

I'm using this configuration:

1365max.jpeg

I've tried to increase the freq. speed to 1430Mhz (the one used by WattMan default profile) but the GPU crashes.

I've found an anomaly:

While at 1365 Mhz the GPU consumptions still a solid 90W-110W when I try to run it at 1430Mhz the consumptions is constantly under 95W...

Since the freq. is higher the consumption should be higher too, am I right?

I'm really struggling with this one... Seems like something is wrong with the GPU or the drivers...

EDIT2: I was trying the stability at 1365Mhz but it crashed in 3DMark.... I'm out of ideas :/

0 Likes
1 Solution
hexel
Adept I

The issue was caused by the PSU, as mentioned by tjohn​ and Thanny

Buying a good PSU solved the problem (I'm now using a Seasonic Focus Plus 850 Platinum)

Now the computer is not rebooting while under load ^^

Thanks for the help guys

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
hexel
Adept I

I've tried with a fresh install of windows and the issue still happening.

There is no BSOD the system just goes black screen and reboot... Also I can't find anything in the event logger.

So, nobody can help me?

I can't be the only one with this issue...

0 Likes
Thanny
Miniboss

Depending on when you got it, that PSU might have two 12V rails capable of 420W each, though only 600W combined.  How those rails are split up across motherboard power, CPU auxiliary power, and PCIe connectors is not clear.  You could be running into a situation where one of those rails is being overloaded when the card is fully loaded.

I won't say that's definitely your problem, but in your place, my first step would be to replace that PSU with a single-rail unit, no less than 650W.  If it costs less than about $80, it's probably not worth it.  Best bet is to pick your favorite retailer, find some units that look good to you, then search for reviews on those units, where actual testing is done for voltage stability and ripple.

hexel
Adept I

Some tests I have found show that my PSU 12v rail drops to 11.2xV under load, it is actually out of the ATX standard so I'm guessing that could cause the system reboot I am experiencing.

I wll try to buy a SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold as soon as possible and I will let you know if the issue was PSU related once tested

Oh and thank you for the help guys, I hope this works ^^

0 Likes
hexel
Adept I

The issue was caused by the PSU, as mentioned by tjohn​ and Thanny

Buying a good PSU solved the problem (I'm now using a Seasonic Focus Plus 850 Platinum)

Now the computer is not rebooting while under load ^^

Thanks for the help guys

0 Likes
rzaevdima
Journeyman III

У меня блок питания на 750 w Fatality Gaming, у которого 4 питания для видеокарт. 8+8. Но проблема не решена. До этого стояли две GTX570 NVidia и работали без проблем. Неужели теперь мой блок питания не справляестся с RX590 ??  Думаю это брак.

0 Likes