cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RX 590 nitro+ 8gb ( FALLOUT 4 LOW FPS PROBLEM)

Hello Dear Amd Graphic Masters, i wish you can help me about this topic...

FALLOUT 4    RX 590 FPS PROBLEM      note = vsync off   vs   =vsync on   nothing change as difference

LOW SETTİNGS 40-48

MEDİUM SETTİNGS 35-40

HİGH SETTİNGS  37-42

ULTRA SETTİNGS 30-35 ( sometimes ) 40-45-47  35-37-39

maybe need new graphic driver update for rx 590 series ?

i know this game is still have optimization problems but rx 570 gives 60+ fps for that game

Thanks

0 Likes
13 Replies

Maybe you are throttling from power ceiling and/or heat. Set your power limit slider to it's maximum of 50 in Radeon Settings/Gaming/Wattman. If that alone doesn't help try setting a more aggressive fan curve that kicks the fans up to 100 sooner than later. I will include a picture of these settings from my rx 580 that is similar.

Of course don't use any of my speeds for your card. Just the Power Limit slider and make fan curve similar if that alone does not help.

The published specs for that game are:

Fallout 4 Minimum Requirements:

• Operating System: Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 30 GB

Fallout 4 Recommended Requirements:

• Operating System: Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
  • RAM:  8 GB
  • Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 30 GB

-----------

So bottom line you should have no issue. If this does not help you might want to regress to some drivers from earlier this year and see if they do better.

If still no help you might want to talk to support from the company that made your card, or if you think it is driver related AMD support: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

but i have

0 Likes
dstmnd89x
Challenger

Do other games have this issue, or just Fallout 4?

Have you tried performing a clean installation of graphics drivers? You could also try raising the power limiter a little bit to see if that at least helps. I feel as though it's driver related and not game optimization, as the 590 design is not all that different from the 570--at least from a technical perspective.

0 Likes

( JUST FALLOUT 4 )

other games are perfect

0 Likes

Godrays and Tess. are problems for NV coded game, you can find '(name of game) graphics performance tweak guides' that will vastly improve performance for the game.

There are also 'ini file' tweak guides from steam.

Just one of those games that need tweaking on low/medium cards.

Do not just use presets, has to be custom settings.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Fallout 4 works fine on my RX 480 8GB

The game is not very demanding so gameplay is smooth and fluid

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The two files in "%UserProfile%\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\" store the settings for Fallout 4 game. These files are fallout4.ini and fallout4prefs.ini. If you do not disable vsync feature for Fallout 4 game, the game may give low FPS. Vsync setting in the contents of two settings files should be as follows....

[Display]
iPresentInterval=0
0 Likes

[Display]
iPresentInterval=0

İT DOESNT MATTER, USELESS

0 Likes

What is your CPU? Because I tested the game with RX480, and it gives me 80FPS with 1080p high details.
Edit: I'm using 19.10.1 driver.

0 Likes

-19.10.1 same driver i have

-RYZEN 5 2600 3.40 ghz

-game is installed in steam

- all updates checked and installed

0 Likes

Your system is enough for this game. As you mentioned, you have a low FPS problem. Perhaps this problem is experienced because renderer resolution is high. Because the game settings are probably causing this problem. Because I get 80FPS with high details (1080p) with RX480. Maybe the game went into bug. Bethesda engine is problematic as you wrote...

0 Likes

yea this is exacty what i am trying to say, or maybe amd didnt update rx590 driver for that game

maybe i should wait new graphic card updates or something

every RX 590 gets low fps on falllout 4 , my friend is also have same problem like mine

Just make sure to report it to AMD and have your friend do it too! The more complaints they get, will get if fixed quicker.   https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form