cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jernejlindic
Journeyman III

RX 590 crashing at 65 degrees

I'm having issues with my rx590 8gb vram. The problem is that my graphic card crashes when it reaches around 65 °C (read through Task manager, Radeon software and MSI afterburner). I don't have it overclocked/underclocked, just running it on normal settings. 

• I tried benchmarking it. When using Catzilla and running the 1080p full_benchmark it always crashes in the same spot once the temperature reaches 65 °C.
  • When running Furmark on FHD the the temperatures reach over 70 °C and it doesn't crash.
  • When playing Destiny 2 I get error code Broccoli at 65 °C.
  • When playing BF4 i get error DirectX funtion "GetDeviceREmovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (The device is hung which is typically coused by issues in teh graphics driver or alternatively the aplication) at 65 °C.
  • Apex legends is hella broken right now so no surprise that it crashed.

So far I've tried:

• Deleting drivers using DDU and reinstaling new ones and older ones with internet and windows update disconected
  • Cleaning cache, setting power limit to max, always running games with max fans on in the radeon settings (the last one extended playtime but due to slower increase in temps)
  • Changing PSU from 550 W to 650 W, both atx standard
  • Checked if GPU was slotted in the motherboard correctly and if fans were running (both ok)

Haven't tried cleaning and reapplying thermal paste or changing thermal pads (was suggested that I do, aswell to opt for a 650 W PSU).

Current build:

Motherboard: ASrock z170 pro4s

CPU: Intel i5 6600k

GPU: AMD rx 590 nitro+, 8gb vram

RAM: 2x vengance LPX 8gb (2x4 gb)

DirectX 12

Help appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

It is possible that the video memory chips have already begun to crumble, since the card is far from new, there is little that will help, it is desirable to clean the video card and replace the thermal pads, the MB temperature will drop but not much, reduce the maximum GPU chat by (100 MHz or more) + a little undervolt.

0 Likes