cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

soulessgreek
Journeyman III

Rx 590 Blinking HDMI on Samsung High Refresh Rate Display

I am facing a weird problem with my Sapphire RX 590+ 8GB DDR5 Special Edition Graphics Card which is the following. When I connect the GPU via DP on my LC27JG50QQUXEN Samsung 1440p 144hz Monitor It works as it should.But when I connect it via HDMI outputs on GPU be it HDMI 1 or HDMI 2.I get a blinking black screen on the Monitor.I dont get the no signal message but a black blinking screen.Sometimes However I do get image it miraculus work.But Not all the time!

1.Connected Monitor with another GPU via HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 (The selected Monitor has 2 HDMI Inputs one is 2.0 and the other 1.4) and it works flawessly.

2.Connected the Sapphire RX 590+ Nitro 8 GB SE Graphic card via HDMI outputs on the card with another monitor of different brand ( LG Ultrawide 60 hertz) Monitor and it works..

3.Connected the Samsung Monitor with My Internal GPU(UHD 630 on a 1.4v HDMI Port my motherboard has) and it gets signal through HDMI as it should.

4.The only thing that makes my GPU (RX 590) to give me image on the Monitor(LC27JG50QQUXEN) via HDMI is resetting the bios via the hardware switch on the motherboard.But that lasts only while i am in bios when windows load the screen turns black again.

5.Have tried several cables (HDMI make 1.4 and 2.0) that work with my other monitors just to be sure they are not to be blamed and always used the appropriate cable for the HDMI port(HDMI 2.0 cable on HDMI 2.0 port on Monitor etc).

6.Changed my PSU to another more powerful one that is certified to work.

I am listing my Components for reference:

1.Motherboard Asus ROG strix z370-H gaming

2.CPU i5-8600k

3.GPU RX 590 Sapphire Nitro+ SE 8GB DDR5

4.RAM GSkill 3200mhz 2x8GB (QVL RAM FOR THE MOBO)

5.PSU Tagan 950W BZU Modular and Silverstone 1250W Olympus

6.Samsung 850 Evo PRO 256GB SSD

7,Monitor Samsung LC27JG50QQUXEN 1440p 144hz

I am suspecting some weird firmware issue neither on Graphics card or UEFI BIOS...any ideas on the matter would be really appreciated...Already have asked Samsung for info on the matter and they said that the problem is not with the monitor.

Update 4/4/2020

The GPU died today no sign of it posting on boot i guess it was the one causing the issues all along....

0 Likes
0 Replies