cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

marcus_lee
Journeyman III

RX 580 VS RX Vega 56, Which is Better?

I am confused in chosing graphic cards. Please tell me about the difference between Rx 580 and Rx Vega 56. Which is better?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Rx 580 is a great 1080p and entry level 1440p card. Vega 56 is geared to being a high end 1440p card and entry level 4k card.  It really depends on the resolution you want to run and at what refresh rate. If you are a casual gamer @ 1080p and game at 75hz or lower the RX 580 is the best bang for the buck card going. It requires some tinkering to get stable in some cases as does the Vega.

0 Likes
m70b1jr
Adept I

Expect the vega 56 to be about 33% faster in game than the RX 580 in a stock vs stock setting. (I have both the rx580 and Vega 56). Overclocking the vega 56 and flashing a vega 64 bios onto it really starts to make the vega 56 shine. I got my rx580 used for $100 and my vega 56 used for $230, steer away from the Gigabyte gaming OC version of these cards. Its the card I bought used (for parts or not working) luckily it's under warranty and just sent mine back a few days ago for a RMA.

0 Likes

Vega 56 is a good 50% faster than the RX 580.

0 Likes

and is way more expensive. Worth noting to you will need a much higher wattage power supply to run the Vega also, so figure that into your budget too. 

0 Likes