cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

hundreds100
Adept I

RX 580 / Ryzen 1600 CSGO Performance Issues

Hello all, As a new member of the PC gaming community I'm quite well stumped. I just built this computer, specifications will be down below. AAA game titles seem to work without much trouble at all BioShock Infinite I can easily surpass 60FPS, DOOM Vulkan past 100 FPS, Rise of the Tomb Raider scored 61 FPS on the benchmark. So why am I making this post if I am getting well respectable results? Well simply put Counter Strike Global Offensive I cannot surpass 144 fps or even get the FPS stable past 60. Frame rates go from as high as 130fps to as low as 40fps and I am scratching my head as to why. On games like Team Fortress 2, I got similar results could hardly ever hit 60 FPS even with VSync on, Left 4 Dead 2 never went under 60 and ranged from about 60-120. So what I am trying to figure out is if this is a source engine problem or a GPU setting issue. I have turned on high performance in the Windows Power Settings. One weird thing I have noticed however is Afterburner GPU usage is always at 16% no matter what I run but some have said it is a driver issue that causes that inaccurate read in Afterburner. Just to be sure I used CPUZ hardware monitor and I was surpassing 16% usage.

Here are my specs:

Ryzen 5 1600: OC to 3.8ghz

MSI Armor RX 580 4GB OC Edition

MSI B350 Mortar Arctic Micro ATX

Corsair Vengence LPX 3200mhz 2X8GB= 16GB (Underclocked to 2667mhz due to compatibility issues)

EVGA 750W GQ PSU

Here are my Radeon and CSGO settings:

http://imgur.com/a/mvsyg

Any help is super appreciated.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
hundreds100
Adept I

Re: RX 580 / Ryzen 1600 CSGO Performance Issues

Didn't do anything I am afraid...

0 Kudos
hundreds100
Adept I

So I change the ULPS value data from a 1 to 0?

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

You have to set Wattman back to 'factory default' and undo all changes made by AB....just deleting it is not the answer. Please read some of those posts.

Yes, to disable ULPS...set to zero. Please read the post. > ULPS: How to disable

Computer power plan must be set to 'Performance'...not 'balanced'.

Wattman Power Limit is the most important thing.

0 Kudos
hundreds100
Adept I

I reset everything in the Wattman Radeon settings. I have turned the power settings +50. I am just concerned about using the system registry is all. Changed the value to 0 restarting now.

0 Kudos
hundreds100
Adept I

Performance is the same. I made a similar post on an MSI motherboard that said Valve didn't do a good job optimizing the game for Windows 10 hence the lack luster performance

0 Kudos
hundreds100
Adept I

For the record I did solve the problem, I manually set the voltage for my CPU within the MSI motherboard bios that for whatever reason had the CPU running at 1.3ghz as can be seen here. So if you are having this similar issue, and have an MSI Motherboard it might be the problem. Screenshot (1).png

0 Kudos
ssanta
Journeyman III

Hey i have the same problem as u have how did u change it in the msi bios ?

0 Kudos
hundreds100
Adept I

Go into the BIOS, and remove what every custom wattage you set. For whatever reason on MSI motherboards you cannot manually set the CPU voltage without this happening. For whatever reason setting a manual CPU Voltage leads to the MOBO, underclocking the CPU significantly. Remove whatever value you set and leave it blank, the motherboard will assign a wattage automatically, and this will fix the problem.

0 Kudos