Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

pokester
MVP

Re: Rx 580 nitro+ Black Screen/game Crash/ pc restart

Jump to solution

At that point something is likely defective.

Run the free diagnostic software OCCT from ocbase dot com. It can test your GPU, Power Supply etc....

See what it shows. Watch for voltage dipping bellow 12v.

If that turns up nothing I would still go ahead and talk to the support department of the company that made your GPU for advice and possible RMA if needed. 

0 Kudos
BuHan
Adept II

Jump to solution

GOOD NEWS or bad idk,

Today i swapped the card for test with one friend of mine, and he is not crashing with my rx580, but on my side i'm crashing the same way with his card! .... so i think there's something wrong, but it's not the grapichs card!

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

Did you run OCCT and test your Power Supply?

0 Kudos
Coffeecat
Adept II

Jump to solution

This has to be a driver issue right? Cause it happen to all of us in almost the same time btw yes I have the same issue and it sucks I'll crash 1 once a day the screen will go black then a restart soon after it's not psu it's not cpu it's not ram hell it's not the gpu because I have 3 580s from different companies it has to be the drivers and yes I have 3 computers I like building you really don't need to do anything to trigger this crash could be on chrome browsing and from what I know it's not just 580 it's ALL AMD cards if you look around the forums

0 Kudos
BuHan
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hi!

I ACTUALLY MANAGED TO FIX IT

so the most of the error was like "dx error" "grapichs driver error" etc..

So one day I was out of my mind, i took my pc to one of my friend house and tried to switch all the component, gpu no success, cpu no success, so was not the mobo either, hard disk mvme etc

i actually tried some ram test with no error BUT it was actually the ram! i switched the ram, we plugged in my friend pc and he started to crash with those black screen, so i replaced the ram and now it's all ok! i suggest to try and one piece at a time! hope i helped out!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Coffeecat
Adept II

Jump to solution

Am not gonna go out of my way to buy new ram 

0 Kudos
Coffeecat
Adept II

Jump to solution

Share thisShare this

0 Kudos
darekdani
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hey man, i have the same problem with the same card, just the Special Edition (Micron memory).
I can't believe how random these black screens actually.. It mostly comes when i alt-tab from game, or gaming, no matter if i lower the core/memory clock/voltage, it's just happening randomly.
I glad you managed to fix your problem, but i don't think it's RAM issue (from my side), since i've had 2x4GB corsair before, now i have 2x8GB crucials, and i've had the same problem with the corsairs aswell.
Sometimes it's rare, like i can play games for days, sometimes (like now) it just gives me black screen after 5-10m of gameplay.
I remember i used 19.12.1 driver for a kinda long time,  because i considered that's still the most stable, but that's not the case anymore.. Only hard restart (long power button press) solves the black screen, not even a reboot.

Did you ran memtest for hours?

EDIT: I have kinda similar specs (R5 3600 B450 Aorus Elite).

0 Kudos
ixooweb
Journeyman III

solution

Jump to solution

amazing! thanks for sharing this usefull information.

for more information visit ozoweb

0 Kudos
Coffeecat
Adept II

Re: solution

Jump to solution

thread is 5 or 6 pages long and no word from anyone in the higher up and no one from youtuber is helping

0 Kudos