Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Rx 580 nitro+ Black Screen/game Crash/ pc restart

I have this same exact problem. I've tried a 3-4 different drivers and none of them have fixed it. 

@kiddo_ogami wrote:

Same for me, even if it's more rarely happening now. What I can say it's that when I have this gray screen, and I have to reset my PC, Once rebooted and logged to the system for some second the GPU fans spin at full speed. Then they return to stop.

This happens every time I reset.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

yes, here too, 100% spin on pc start, don't know why,

with 50%+ power limit I'm crashing rarely, i'll try  the driver that the other guy suggested today or tomorrow and i let u guy know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Try combining it with a custom fan curve that kicks the fans to 100% at 70. In addition to the maxed power limit that does it for me. 

@BuHan wrote:

yes, here too, 100% spin on pc start, don't know why,

with 50%+ power limit I'm crashing rarely, i'll try  the driver that the other guy suggested today or tomorrow and i let u guy know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

I don't believe it's your end, i bought my 5700 xt on winter everyday black screens, then it all stopped for 5 months or so, yesterday it started happening again. Yesterday Win 10 had an update. I'm 100% sure this is happening from microsoft end. AMD have released yesterday a new driver 20.11.2 so i'm going to try them out as well. i'll try to reinstall win10 if that doesn't work (microsoft updates patches are terrible messing files etc -i've had two games so far endless crashing once i did clean win10 install all problems solved.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Polaris and Navis issues are really very different things although Microsoft sure causes a lot of issues with the changes they make.

Polaris for years now has benefited from needing a voltage ceiling bump and a aggressive custom fan curve. This alone fixes it for most. Some do have gpu issues and have to RMA them because that work around alone doesn't do the trick while other just have power deliver issues, do to things like an under powered or bad power supply. 

Navi's issues are different. Navi suffers from being the first generation silicon of a new architecture with drivers that in many cases just don't seem to make it work right. Hopefully that is all ironed out in RDNA2. 

Regardless for the most part Polaris works really well albeit with some tinkering. I still hate that as to me this stuff should work at defaults. 

It is always possible though that an OP has an issue that none of the above help will help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Tried everything, still crashing, even the old driver with power and fan custom, but everything is much better, think i'm going with that, but is not the final solution, but much much better ty so much Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Run OCCT from ocbase dot com. Make sure it is not seeing an issue with the GPU or power supply or any other. 

If it does isolate the issue then RMA the component that is bad. 

If nothing is found and that GPU is under warranty you should talk to Saphire about your issues a see if they have a solution or offer an RMA. 

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

As a final solution you might wanna think about doing a clean win 10 installation and i'm not talking about restoring to a previous version because that would mean an older windows 10 version which will lead updating your OS and that is a major issue with crashes overall. Microsoft patches very often Windows 10 and that can lead to major errors on files, registration etc.
So to get rid of that, go to https://www.microsoft.com/el-gr/software-download/windows10 You will find the latest version on Win10 and choose "Download Tool immediately". Open MediaCreationTool follow steps and choose "Create Installation Media (USB flash drive etc). Once you complete the download on your USB, boot from USB and install win10. You don't need to add any Activation Key, once you install and you log with you Microsoft account windows will become registered to your pc.
Sry for my bad english i hope it helps.

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

While loading new windows helps for a lot and I mean lots of problems, this issue exist for just a ton of Polaris users. Search these forums and you can see for yourself. Many, many , many of them have said the reload Windows and it does not help. On my RX 580 I reloaded that system initially to no avail. That card has now been replaced twice in my main system and has gone into 2 subsequent other pcs in the house both with clean installs when transferred and it still does the same thing. 

It certainly can't hurt for the OP to try but depending on how much you have loaded can be a huge time consuming mess to do. If the OP wants to try and they have a spare drive, they might want to install to that just to test before wiping there main drive.