Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Rx 580 nitro+ Black Screen/game Crash/ pc restart

My RX 580 crashes a ton too and the only way I can avoid it is to use a custom fan curve and raise the power limit.

In Radeon Settings raise the Power Limit slider to the maximum of 50. That may help your game crashing. Also it may help to set a more aggressive fan curve that kicks the fans up to 100% around 65 degrees. Many of these Polaris cards while supposedly having a 90 degree limit seem to get into trouble in the high 70s and that can cause them to crash too. 

I also find that disabling the Windows Game features in Windows Settings helps overall stability as well as disabling hibernation/fast startup. 

You might try that stuff and see if it helps. 

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

setuop.PNG

Trying like this and let u know in a few days or if i crash

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

If you do still get a crash maybe push that 3rd bullet on the fan graph up to 100 too. Polaris can be really picky when it gets to its throttle point. Every chips point can be a bit different. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

i'll do that now ty so much for your time  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Still crashing, if u have any more suggestion please let me know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Same for me, even if it's more rarely happening now. What I can say it's that when I have this gray screen, and I have to reset my PC, Once rebooted and logged to the system for some second the GPU fans spin at full speed. Then they return to stop.

This happens every time I reset.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

I think if I were you I would try using an old driver. The 2020 drivers for me on my RX 580 have been a nightmare. 

The last 2019 from earl last december is pretty solid. Still use the max power limit and a custom fan curve.

You will want to run DDU from wagnardsoft dot com to get a clean slate before regressing the driver.

You can get this older driver from guru3d dot com as AMD no longer hosts it. 

See if this changes things. It should at least let you know if your issue really is software or not.

I fear if this still does not work then your stability may be hardware related, IE a power supply or GPU issue itself.

You can do a pretty good test on your machines components with free software called OCCT from ocbase dot com.

See what it reports. 

If you need to pursue looking into issues with the gpu, I would get in tough with support from your cards maker and they should be able to figure out if they have other advice or if an RMA is in order. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Ty for the reply, so:

i have alredy tried occt for like 40 min the last week, no error no crash.

it's true that since i had the power limit and the fans pumped up i'm crashign a less frequently, 

i'll try the old driver one, can u suggest a specific version?

ty for the time Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

19.12.3 is the one I am using. It is from last December and the last 2019 driver. 

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-19-12-3-driver-download.html

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

If that doesn't help you could in addition down clock the card a little and or lower actual voltage and do an under volt. 

Personally I hate this as it means you are not getting what you paid for and personally would RMA the card first. But it may get you into stability.

0 Kudos