Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BuHan
Adept II

Rx 580 nitro+ Black Screen/game Crash/ pc restart

Black screen, a lot.

from the beginning (sorry 4 bad english i'm from italy)

i've bought this rx580 nitro+ 8gb, and i used it in combo with an i7 7700 for 5 month, not a single problem, not a single crash, good performace and all of that beautiful things that i can only remember. then i sold that setup except for the rx580, and put the grapichs card in a new system with r5 3600 b450m aourus. since the first week i started to encounter in some weird black screen, so i followed a lot (and trust me) A LOT of forum and discussion, contacted amd support , sapphire support, but no one seems to have the answer, i've tried everything, starting from simple bios/driver/etc update ending to vBios Flashing(suggested by sapphire) and a lot A LOT MORE, still crashing every day, can't play a single game, can't render a single 3d animation, can't even browse the internet without a single crash/black screen, the crash it's totally random, don't know what to do, this card was working. dk do you guys know something that i can do? try to suggest i'm open to all. if it's difficult to explain and u don't have time contact me on discord

BuHan

Ryzen 5 3600
b450aourus m
rx580 nitro + 8gb
rm650 corsair gold plus
win 10

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi!

I ACTUALLY MANAGED TO FIX IT

so the most of the error was like "dx error" "grapichs driver error" etc..

So one day I was out of my mind, i took my pc to one of my friend house and tried to switch all the component, gpu no success, cpu no success, so was not the mobo either, hard disk mvme etc

i actually tried some ram test with no error BUT it was actually the ram! i switched the ram, we plugged in my friend pc and he started to crash with those black screen, so i replaced the ram and now it's all ok! i suggest to try and one piece at a time! hope i helped out!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
56 Replies

At that point something is likely defective.

Run the free diagnostic software OCCT from ocbase dot com. It can test your GPU, Power Supply etc....

See what it shows. Watch for voltage dipping bellow 12v.

If that turns up nothing I would still go ahead and talk to the support department of the company that made your GPU for advice and possible RMA if needed. 

0 Likes

GOOD NEWS or bad idk,

Today i swapped the card for test with one friend of mine, and he is not crashing with my rx580, but on my side i'm crashing the same way with his card! .... so i think there's something wrong, but it's not the grapichs card!

0 Likes

Did you run OCCT and test your Power Supply?

0 Likes

This has to be a driver issue right? Cause it happen to all of us in almost the same time btw yes I have the same issue and it sucks I'll crash 1 once a day the screen will go black then a restart soon after it's not psu it's not cpu it's not ram hell it's not the gpu because I have 3 580s from different companies it has to be the drivers and yes I have 3 computers I like building you really don't need to do anything to trigger this crash could be on chrome browsing and from what I know it's not just 580 it's ALL AMD cards if you look around the forums

0 Likes

Hi!

I ACTUALLY MANAGED TO FIX IT

so the most of the error was like "dx error" "grapichs driver error" etc..

So one day I was out of my mind, i took my pc to one of my friend house and tried to switch all the component, gpu no success, cpu no success, so was not the mobo either, hard disk mvme etc

i actually tried some ram test with no error BUT it was actually the ram! i switched the ram, we plugged in my friend pc and he started to crash with those black screen, so i replaced the ram and now it's all ok! i suggest to try and one piece at a time! hope i helped out!

0 Likes

Am not gonna go out of my way to buy new ram 

0 Likes

Share thisShare this

0 Likes

I know that can be boring, but i'm not a amd support or something like that, ram switched fixed my pc

0 Likes

Hey man, i have the same problem with the same card, just the Special Edition (Micron memory).
I can't believe how random these black screens actually.. It mostly comes when i alt-tab from game, or gaming, no matter if i lower the core/memory clock/voltage, it's just happening randomly.
I glad you managed to fix your problem, but i don't think it's RAM issue (from my side), since i've had 2x4GB corsair before, now i have 2x8GB crucials, and i've had the same problem with the corsairs aswell.
Sometimes it's rare, like i can play games for days, sometimes (like now) it just gives me black screen after 5-10m of gameplay.
I remember i used 19.12.1 driver for a kinda long time,  because i considered that's still the most stable, but that's not the case anymore.. Only hard restart (long power button press) solves the black screen, not even a reboot.

Did you ran memtest for hours?

EDIT: I have kinda similar specs (R5 3600 B450 Aorus Elite).

0 Likes

Hey! so yes, my ram actually run memtest with no issues, even if they were the actual problem, i really don't know why, i suggest to try switch component I know that's boring , but if u have a friend with a pc ask him and just try the ram on his computer, that solved the problem for me. I actually now use the lastest version of the driver, when I was crashing i tried a lot of version

0 Likes

amazing! thanks for sharing this usefull information.

for more information visit ozoweb

0 Likes

thread is 5 or 6 pages long and no word from anyone in the higher up and no one from youtuber is helping

0 Likes

Had the same issue for 3 GPU Now... and i found something that when customers pc it crash like always.. but in my workshop i have old P55 Asus Motherboard and i5 760 CPU and 1333mhz Samsung x2 Memory... those card works fine for  that old setup... i will definitely try the rams of coerce from your experience.. thanks

0 Likes

OLA, ENTÃO PRA VOCE O PROBLEMA E POUCA MEMORIA RAM :

0 Likes
xkhoax
Journeyman III

Try changing the ram bus to a multiple of 100 Hz.

0 Likes
VRosso
Journeyman III

@BuHan 

Hi 30 days ago I collected a new game system my system information AMD RADEON SAPPHİRE PULSE RX 5500XT 4GB OC SOLO FAN MODEL GRAPİCHS CART İNTEL İ3 10100F 3.60 GHZ PROCESSOR GİGABYTE H410M S2H 2933 MHz DD4 1200 M2 HDMI DVI VGA mATX MOTHER BORD XPG 8X2 3000MHz DD4 RAM SANDİSK 500GB ULTRA NVMe M2 SSD SHARKOON SHP650 V2 650W 80+ 120mm Fan PSU my problem is blackscreen crash i open the game i alt tab and black screen crashes if i don't reset the computer the screen freezes I tried all the ways, no problem in any of my other parts, they are all new i installed another video card in this system no freeze crash errors I sent the video card to the company where I bought it, they tested the card and sent it back saying ok. I think the problem is definitely in the video card, maybe it is not compatible with the processor or any part, I don't know but I could not solve the problem. The temperature of the video card is normal, I can play some games without any problems but especially when I open the rust game and alt tab, the computer crashes directly i have the most crashing problem in rust game I get crash error and after restarting the computer I get the wattman settings reset error I tried the power settings but no solution 

VRosso_0-1622325209259.png

0 Likes