Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Rx 580 nitro+ Black Screen/game Crash/ pc restart

Black screen, a lot.

from the beginning (sorry 4 bad english i'm from italy)

i've bought this rx580 nitro+ 8gb, and i used it in combo with an i7 7700 for 5 month, not a single problem, not a single crash, good performace and all of that beautiful things that i can only remember. then i sold that setup except for the rx580, and put the grapichs card in a new system with r5 3600 b450m aourus. since the first week i started to encounter in some weird black screen, so i followed a lot (and trust me) A LOT of forum and discussion, contacted amd support , sapphire support, but no one seems to have the answer, i've tried everything, starting from simple bios/driver/etc update ending to vBios Flashing(suggested by sapphire) and a lot A LOT MORE, still crashing every day, can't play a single game, can't render a single 3d animation, can't even browse the internet without a single crash/black screen, the crash it's totally random, don't know what to do, this card was working. dk do you guys know something that i can do? try to suggest i'm open to all. if it's difficult to explain and u don't have time contact me on discord

BuHan

Ryzen 5 3600
b450aourus m
rx580 nitro + 8gb
rm650 corsair gold plus
win 10

0 Kudos
38 Replies
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Rx 580 nitro+ Black Screen/game Crash/ pc restart

Hi, I'm from Italy too. I don't have your same exact issue. To me it happens just when I game.

What driver version are you using ?

Thanks

Ciao,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I'll type in English just for the other ppl to understend us, i'm using the lastest versione now, with the default v bios, but i've tryed a lot of them

To me the crashes are more frequent when i play, but the pc can crash even when i'm doing nothing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

No OC on gpu or cpu ?

No  temperature issues ?

I have not implemented any OC and I don't have any temperature issue. Also nothing in the system event log.

I guess it's an hardware issue. DO you know if a specific HDMI cable is required ?

Are you using HDMI or DVI ?

I am just asking to isolate the issue and try to find a common pattern.

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

To reply

no oc, no temp issues, using generic hdmi and a generic display port

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Did you try to use a DVI cable ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

on my rx580 i don't have a dvi output, can i ask your spec? and when for the first time you experienced the crash/black screen?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

I have a RX 570 8Gb, and my card sports a DVI connector. Are you sure to not have a DVI connector ? You r card should have one.

As I have a similar issue, I wanted to check if we could compare our issues and find a common cause.

I have not yet tried to use a DVI cable, but on some forum I found that in some case this should solve the issue.

It's worth a try Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Yes try, but it will not work for me because i don't have a dvi output, i'm litteraly getting crazy cause of this crash, think i'll wait for some other suggets, if u know something i can try le me know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

I will try 2 things:

• Replace my HDMI cable with a brand new type 2.1
  • Try with DVI

I will let you know as soon as I will have completed my tests.

Have a nice evening, and thanks for help.

0 Kudos