cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

semferot48
Adept I

RX 580 Maximum Temperature Dropped 10c in 19.5.1

after installing the update 19.5.1 maximum temperature RX 590 in wattman settings was 75 and in version 19.4.3 was 85 , this is a bug or innovation.

5 Replies
baltowuff
Journeyman III

My RX 480 now has 65c max temperature limit when doing custom fan curve which is kinda ridiculous, i want to set my fan curve up to 85c like i used to do in previous version of drivers, really AMD?Annotation 2019-05-14 202303.png

semferot48
Adept I

19.5.1Безымянный.png

0 Likes
semferot48
Adept I

On this forum there are responses from tech support or it makes no sense to write here ?

0 Likes
mrgimo
Adept I

I confirm what was written in previous posts. Manual fan settings are limited from 85 to 75 degrees Celsius for RX580. Now, for automatic settings, the card does not heat up above 75 degrees. With a temporary increase in temperature to 76 degrees, the fans accelerate by 100-300 rpm until they maintain the temperature at 75 degrees maximum (for my card they remain at about 1900-2100 rpm, the maximum speed of fans is around 3800rpm).
For drivers in version 19.5.1, I changed from manual settings (for older drivers with automatic fan settings, the temperatures were too high) to automatic because they now work as needed.
It would be nice if the point of the maximum GPU temperature could be set manually (it was similarly probably in drivers 18.x.x.). Exceeding the maximum temperature point for the GPU raises the speed by + 1% of the fan speed for 3-5 seconds and if the temperature does not drop it increases the fan speed by another 1% until the maximum temperature point is maintained.
At the moment I can recommend switching to automatic fan settings or returning to the previous version of the drivers.

mrgimo
Adept I

New drivers, new problems. In version 19.7.1 the temperature target changed again. It is a little too high again. AMD, please stop messing at temperatures or better restore the option from older versions of the drivers where the user could decide for himself.

0 Likes