cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

coconutfruit
Adept I

RX 580 Low GPU and GPU memory clocks on the desktop and flash player games

Hey. I bought a new pc and I can play most games on ultra settings but there is a game that I've been playing for years and it lags (micro freezes).

It's an online multiplayer browser flash player game, it has low requirements and yet it lags.

After hours of research I found out that system clocks are automatically raised up when playing games, sadly, they don't raise up when I play flash player games (idk if all)

So, my clocks stay at state 0 (WattMan) which is GPU: 300MHz and GPU memory: 300MHz.

The thing is, I can't overclock state 0 (or at least with WattMan, idk other way)

1.png

Is there any way to change GPU and GPU memory clocks so they work at level I want, always?

I found a half solution. If I use ReLive, clocks change their state to 1 and raise up to GPU: 600MHz and GPU memory: 1000MHz.

The game works tons better and is playable but it still lags a little when a room is full of people.

Since GPU changed its state to 1, I can overclock it even to maximum, but the thing is, I need higher RAM clock and not GPU clock but

I can't overclock GPU memory with WattMan since it can be overclocked only on its highest state.

How can I raise up GPU memory clock to 2000Mhz? Please help me

XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB

16GB RAM DDR4 2666

Gigabyte B450M DS3H AM4 B450 4DDR4 DVI/HDMI/M.2 uATX

2 Replies

Not sure your issue but will be glad to share my RX 580 config. Realize it is all dynamic. It won't go faster than the usage requires. If the game is barely requiring minimal effort of the card the card won't run at top speed is what I mean. I hope that makes sense. Anyway my config:

0 Likes

So is it a bug? The game I play obviously needs more than minimal effort of GPU memory clock, yet it doesn't dynamically raise up.

0 Likes