cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SethG3
Journeyman III

RX 580 intermittently wont display on newer TV

In early 2018 I purchased the hp pavilion gaming PC with this graphics card. It was originally purchased to run an oculus rift system. It was used for a couple of months and hasn't been used much since. I started using it for Microsoft flight simulator with no issues displaying on an old Samsung TV. The issue is, when I display it on a newer LG TV, it only works intermittently. When I first hooked it up, it displayed fine, with no audio. I updated the audio drivers and restarted after which, it would not display whatsoever. I tried restarting with no success. I carried up the old Samsung TV  and it displayed fine with audio. I updated the graphics card drivers and restarted and it displayed fine on both TVs. I turned off the computer to move it to a better location, and again, no display on the newer LG. I again brought up the old TV, and it displayed fine. I then plugged it back into the LG tv and it also displayed fine (this time without restarting). All worked well until a couple of days later, when I woke the computer from sleep mode and to my surprise, you guessed it, no display. I've also tried pulling the graphics card and reseating it to see if it was a loose connection of some kind and everything looked normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of carrying TVs up and down stairs and really don't want to replace the graphics card if I don't have to. I remember having this issue once when I first purchased the computer, however it only happened once, and I didn't think anything of it.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SethG3
Journeyman III

I should add, I have tried multiple HDMI cords, Every HDMI port on the TV, and every HDMI or display port on the pc with no change.

0 Likes

is it possible to update firmwares on these newer tv ? ..just wondering ..

0 Likes

Good thought. It should be. I'll check when I get home!

0 Likes