cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

chewie688i
Journeyman III

RX-580 inconsistent crash

I'm having an issue with my RX-580 and stability.  I know this has been asked many times before, and I've attempted the fixes that I've seen here, but to no avail.  Here is my issue:  While playing games, the graphics card will randomly shut down, I can still hear the games, but no screens.  I can't consistently duplicate the issue, I've run furmark tests for 30+ minutes with no issues.  I've swapped my PSU, changed PCI slots, run mem tests, done clean installs of drivers, adjusted GPU voltage and fan speed in wattman, everything I can think of.  This is a completely new build, minus the 580, which is only a few months old.  Didn't have this issue on the old machine it came out of.  Monitoring temps and voltages on everything seems fine, but after the GPU "dies" I have to do a hard boot to get the mobo to recognize it again, a reset will just give me the audible GPU not present beep.  I'm hoping the card isn't bad, and I apologize if this is a common problem, but I couldn't find anything else that I could change.  Appreciate the help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
chewie688i
Journeyman III

Well I might have found a fix.  I deleted all the bloatware that came with my mobo, things that might be interfering with the GPU.  Did another DDU and clean install and things seem stable atm.  I'm stressing it now, so we'll see how it goes.  Fingers crossed.

0 Likes

Sounds like a defective card to me since it sometimes isn't detected in BIOS, and you have already tried other PCIe slots and a new PSU.

0 Likes

That was my next step, sadly. When it works it's fantastic, when it doesn't it's crap lol. Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes