cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

NishanZ
Journeyman III

RX 580 GPU utilization jumping between from 100% to 0% with low clock speeds.

GPU Fluctuating.png
An image of my GPU details while running CS:GO deathmatch.

I have an RX 580 8GB with an R5 2600X and 8GB 3000MHz RAM which is more than enough to run my main games which are Valorant, League of Legends and CS:GO however I am experiencing anywhere between 50 - 80 fps in Valorant and even lower in CS:GO. While my fps remains around 100 when playing League, there are moments where I experience stutters while in game. These issues are not only when in game but also outside the game. In the main opening page of CS:GO, I used to get around 300-400 fps but now I get around 100fps.

While playing games or watching videos my gpu utilization tends to jump randomly anywhere between 100% and 0% causing a lot of fps drops and stutters. This also impacts my GPU clock speeds and power consumption. My GPU clock speeds are hovering around 700 MHz even though it should be around 1300 MHz when gaming. The power consumption is hovering around only 30W. I have not overclock my GPU or CPU and I have tried many solutions to no avail. In game my fps is constantly jumping up and down and in very low end games even when my fps is 100 or above I still feel stuttering issues.

So far I have tried:
Restarting PC.
Reinstalling the games.
Removing all background applications.
Disabling firewall and antivirus (I do not have an antivirus installed)
Updating graphics card drivers and doing a clean reinstall.
Running PC in clean boot.
Changing fullscreen to borderless mode.
Disabling freesync and v-sync.
Disabling SVM virtualisation.
Disabling fullscreen optimisation for games.
Disabling AMD chill.
Reinserting my graphics card and checking my pc connections.

0 Replies