cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kchcih
Journeyman III

RX 580 Frame Rate Issues

I've been using an RX 580 4GB card with an Ryzen 5 1600 3200 MHz processor for gaming for about three years.  Don't play any high end games, mostly Everquest 2 (which isn't even GPU intensive), Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls online.  A week ago my frame rate dropped in EQ2 from 80-100 fps to 4-8 fps.  Changing performance profiles and other graphics tweaks doesn't change the frame rate.  Graphics card runs all the other games fine.  Updated drivers no change, rolled back drivers, no change.  Card passes stress test in Adrenalin.  All the other games run fine.  It's not EQ2, because it runs fine on the three other computers in the room and runs fine on this computer when i replaced the card with an old Nvidia GeForce 750 Ti. 

Any ideas for what went wrong and if it can be fixed? 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
guily6669
Elite

The games you play that have the issue might be pushing the GPU or CPU higher and might have severe downclock...

Use MSI Afterburner and activate the on-screen function with CPU\GPU temps, CPU\GPU clocks, CPU\GPU usage and check if your ram is running on it's reported max speed with CPU-Z

something must be wrong somewhere...

0 Likes