cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

timmage89
Journeyman III

Re: rx 580 drops signal to monitor

Same card here, same issue. Finally fixed by decreasing the GPU core clock down to 1280mhz.

I spent hours troubleshooting and finally found this solution. Hope this helps someone. I've got a case opened with XFX to see why their cards do not run stably at advertised clock rates.

BTW, my displayport works with no issues.

globaldisruptor
Journeyman III

So i am a 13 year old kid and i have the same issue but i HAVE A SOLUTION, k so i said i have a solution and i do and it works, but probably everyone will tell me im wrong and you shouldn't do this, but it works. SO MY SOLUTION IS to install the drivers that come on the cd or Dvd in the box, and turn off auto updates and never update the drivers ever, and ignore the notifications. NOW I CAN READ and i did read the sheet of paper that says to get the drivers online, but my solution just works and i dont care I JUST WANT TO PLAY GAMES.

pokester
MVP

You are not wrong. Many older drivers work when newer ones don't that is why the best advice is, "if it isn't broken don't fix it". There is never a need to load a newer driver, unless the newer driver fixes or adds support for something you need, or if a future OS update or upgrade requires it. So you are correct, if it is working for you that is great. Typically boxed drivers can be quite old by the time one might get them on products that have been out for a year or two but again if it works that's great. Many products though are not even coming with drivers. They require you to download them now. A lot of computers don't even come with DVD drives anymore.

But great advice. I don't think anyone will say otherwise so thanks for sharing your opinion and knowledge. You sound like a very smart 13 year old looking to help and in my book is pretty AWESOME! Keep up the good work!

0 Likes
drakks
Journeyman III

Guys, try this, disable ANTIALIASING!!!!!!

0 Likes
madrocker
Journeyman III

This is an XFX issue with their QC. I have 2 of them. 1 Shot sparks when it was powered on, and the other is now blinking after 2 months. 

timmage89
Journeyman III

Agreed. Luckily my Amazon return window was still open so I just returned mine and got a 1660ti instead.

pokester
MVP

That should OC to about 1070 ti performance too!

0 Likes
raddawg
Journeyman III

Been having this issue on a brand new build. I didn't have a display cord so I borrowed one of my dads. it was  long, switched it to a shorter display cable and haven't had a black screen yet. I believe it was like a 25 ft cable and I now am using a 3ft cable. this is most likely not your issue but if anyone else finds help from this, its something i didn't initially think of being a problem. The whole machine continues to run but randomly in games the display just cuts off to a black screen in power saving mode. Shorter cable is running @ 4k 60 HZ no issues now. 

0 Likes
alekhinescat
Journeyman III

Above solution worked for me. My DisplayPort was not working. I had the latest Adrenalin 19.2.1. I de-installed and installed 17.10.1 from the Powercolor website for my reference card which is a Red Devil RX 580. Cheers! 

UserBenchmarks: Game 77%, Desk 130%, Work 119%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X - 101%
GPU: AMD RX 580 - 69.9%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 250GB - 252.6%
HDD: WD Blue 500GB (2008) - 53.8%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB - 59%
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 77.4%
MBD: Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI

0 Likes
shrey_789
Journeyman III

I had this same issue with my system. I upgraded my power supply VS650 to RZ1000x. Works fine now.

0 Likes