cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

ctdemonet
Journeyman III

Re: rx 580 drops signal to monitor

I guess I spoke to soon. I just played for maybe 20 minutes today and the issue was pretty severe, almost the worst it's ever been. Screen was out for a full 10 seconds, maybe longer (I started counting after a few seconds and got to 10 before it resumed). Here's a video of what it looks like when it happens: RX 580 loses output playing SWBF II - YouTube 

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

from your Youtube video, Your GPU actually doesn't lose any signal to the monitor, otherwise the Monitor's blue light would have changed to a different color and you would get a "Signal Lost" error message.

Otherwise, the other Users are able to help you better then me that are posting. Just making an observation, nothing more.

By any chance to you have the latest Patch installed 2.01 from 3/2018 here : Star Wars Battlefront II Patch 2.01 — STAR WARS™ BATTLEFRONT™ .

Copied from link on Patch 2.01:

The Star Wars Battlefront II Team

Heroes and Special Units

• Blaster-wielding Heroes and Special Units are now moving at their correct speed again

Starfighters

• Fixed an issue where some Interceptor Class Star Cards had their rarity levels swapped

General Improvements and Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue with Locked / Unlocked Star Cards showing the incorrect state
  • Fixed a stuttering issue with DX11/12 for AMD GPU players during gameplay
  • Fixed an issue with players getting a black screen when deploying
  • Various crash fixes

Known Issues:

• Darth Maul’s SABER THROW ability does not always hit its target
  • Sometimes, upon completing the Rodian appearance challenge the awarded crate does not display any contents. The Rodian appearance is still awarded as intended.

Post edited by F8RGE on March 27  

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

There also is a patch from 3.2018 for COD-WWII here : Activision Support​ and these are the known and Resolved issues that EA is working on since 3/23/2018 for the same game: Activision Support

One of the issues resolved:

I'm getting a black screen when a match starts even though I still hear audio.
– All platforms

We've fixed an issue that presented a black screen to players while loading into a multiplayer match.

Resolved

If you have these latest patches installed then ignore this post and the previous post.

0 Likes
ctdemonet
Journeyman III

The video doesn't catch it but if the screen goes black long enough, the OSD of the monitor says "No signal" then "Sleep mode" even though the my PC and the game are still running. It only happens while playing this one game so I genuinely think it's when the GPU has really high stress. 

I tried altering the settings as much as I can to push it to performance like increased voltage, MHz, fan speed, etc, but it still happens.

Yes I have the latest update I thought that would do the trick when I saw the patch notes but unfortunately not

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

The latest Microsoft Patch (March 22, 2018—KB4089848 (OS Build 16299.334))

has this fix. Not sure if it applies to you or not.:

Addresses issue that causes monitors to disconnect after a computer wakes from Sleep.

0 Likes
xpac
Journeyman III

This is really a strange behavior.

I have a PowerColor RX580 Red Devil Golden Sample, and a LG 34UC79G-B, and it shows the same symptoms.

Another guy and I wrote down our experiences on reddit, see here (it includes 2 youtube videos, so you can compare).

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/7ngw0z/amd_rx_580_and_lg_34uc79gb_black_screen_in_3d/?st=j...

Whatever we tried, it didn't work so far, and it happened in all games that I tried, but not in PUBG. For me the only solution seems to be to return it and go back to NVidia...

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Its not an AMD issue or card issue its a windows issue. Nvidia cards are experiencing worse issues but not been posted as crapvidia are locking forums keep the card disable all sleep options. Easiest fastest best solution is switch power plan to High Preformance it doesn't effect watts being used as much as people say. Disable any form of link state settings in bios & windows, turn off any form of sleep settings times & issues go away. A major issue with the 1709 behaviour atm, my card was doing it for a while till I disabled all energy savings bs built it they dont need it & a crock of crap, I run all my build this way 4 desktops set up the same way on both brands of cards they dont behaive this way now as I forced them not to. I honestly dont notice on the power bill its only a few watts but the PC behaives a lot nicer crisper & if all the fan settings are correctly set in bios & OS it doesn't use any more power that booting back from sleep mode or start up shut down senarioes. 

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

I had the same issue as above and fortunately the High Performance Setting and turning off Fast Restart and Disabling Hibernation fixed that for me. I had also re-loaded my specific monitor driver that Windows 10 likes to keep replacing with the "Generic PNP" driver (even with driver updates disabled it keeps happening) and every time it screws up the sleep on the monitor again.

----------

I have only had one nvidia card in the last 10 years. So not a lot of experience with them recently. Had my issues in the past. I can honestly say that with my sons 1050ti on a 7th gen i5, he has had, zero issues. We have not had to employ a single trick, hack, change, disabled feature, change from stock settings power, clock or fan, nothing, for his system to work. He hasn't even updated the drivers since last summer and it all works fine. I am not preaching the green team here either. I have been a very loyal AMD fanboy you could say for a long long time. This is just my honest experience this generation. Now there are a few problem games out there that AMD catches grief on for bad drivers that his card has the same issues as my AMD card has. Obviously these must be game bugs not driver issues. I no doubt believe both sides have their issues. But what I have had to do to have a passable experience with my RX 580 I can't call easy or pleasant. I am just glad I am at a point now that I am very stable again. But it took figuring out many, many things to change to get there. For most users having to do that is really asking too much. I am an IT pro and found the situation daunting and challenging. I for one am just glad to see things really getting better again in the last few drivers. I would love to go back to the experience I had with the 5 AMD cards from my HD 4850 to my HD7950 that I never had to look for any help with an issue even once.  I still have an 7850, 7950 and R9 380 all in service. The R9 380 has a bad HDMI port but still works fine over DVI and DP. All other cards are perfect. I have not loaded any newer drivers on those older cards accept on alternate Windows installations to test for people asking questions here, as I don't want to fix what isn't broken.

0 Likes
whatsupamdbinod
Journeyman III

How to disable power management settings in Windows | WD Support

Disable power saver, do not let any component sleep

afreakinproblem
Journeyman III

I am having this same issue on the same card AND two other people in this same house are also having the same issue with this exact same card. An internet search also shows one or two people also having problems on a Reddit page. All of that right there tells me that the HDMI port on XFX cards are NOT up to the specification they should be at. Any time the refresh rate is set above 75hz, you can expect intermittent display problems. The work around I've gone with on all of these computers so far is to use the display port which will still output 144hz, but sadly with some monitors it won't allow HDR capabilities (which sucks because my PX276h supports it).