cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RX 580 doesn't work in BIOS

This is my new build. Every component is new except for the GPU. So here are the components:

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II (latest bios from msi website flashed), I've also tried with MSI B550-A PRO
CPU: Ryzen 5600x
GPU: Sapphire RX 580 4gb (I've used it and it works in windows and with my old system)
RAM: 32gb 3200mhz CL16 (Tested with 1 and 2 DIMMS)

I cannot get into the bios, I am not receiving any image before booting into windows. I also cannot install windows on my new SSD nor see any boot menus. I am using my old one which already had windows installed on it. When I start the system I have no image until I boot into windows. Card works perfectly fine in windows. Has anyone dealt with such an issue? How can I solve this?

1 Solution
7 Replies

I have same situation with my 4K LG Monitor.

I have no Video outputs from my GPU card until Windows starts loading then I have video output.  But this I knew was going to happen.

You see when I had my BIOS Set to CSM Mode (Legacy) I had video output during POST and was able to see and enter BIOS but when I upgraded to Windows 11 I needed to disable CSM Mode and go strictly to UEFI Mode thus I lost video output to my 4K LG Monitor connected both via DP and HDMI.

But i found out that I also have my 2k Samsung Smart TV Connected via HDMI and when I disconnect my 4k LG Monitor and just leave the TV set connected I get Video output during POST and a I am able to enter BIOS. This is the only work around I found to be able to enter BIOS.

Once I got BIOS set up the way I want I reconnect my 4K LG Monitor and it is back to the way it was before.

So I guess it depends on your Monitor whether it has video output during POST or not with UEFI Mode enabled.

I tried HDMI on my TV and my monitor but it doesn't work either. My monitor is 1080P it's not a big resolution or anything fancy.

0 Likes

Do you have 'Fast Startup' turned off in windows power options ?, there are also roundabout ways through windows (guides on the web).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

It's not fast boot related. I can get into bios with "delete" key but I just have no image at all outside of windows. Even the windows boot menus.

0 Likes

I also have this problem like you. Before windows login no signal and can't enter to bios but gt730 all fine. I used HDMI port.

myspecs: ryzen 5 3600, b450m mortar max,latest bios

0 Likes
bobalazs
Elite

You can force windows to boot into BIOS...

shift + restart
troubleshoot
advanced options
uefi firmware settings

with pictures:
https://www.howtogeek.com/783790/how-to-enter-the-bios-on-windows-10/

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes