cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

satheendra
Journeyman III

RX 580 crashes with wattman settings restored (only game i wnated to play was csgo)

I recently built a pc with

Asrock b450 pro4f,

16gb ram hyper x fury 3200

Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 Ghz

RX580 sapphire nitro plus 8GB

650W corsair power supply

I have a view sonic 144hz VX2458

mouse and key board is razor

I have updated windows to the latest version and I have updated the drivers to the latest version on the website (Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.1 Optional).

40 mins into the game the game crashes and returns to desktop most of the times but then some times it completely freezes and I have to restart the pc. After restarting the error I get is wattman settings restored to default settings.

I have uninstalled and installed csgo from steam number of times but still the issue continues. I have done clean installation of the drivers as well.

Please help me. This is my first AMD PC

0 Likes
8 Replies
lmsrc
Journeyman III

SAME EFFING PROBLEM HERE! I HAVE TWO RX 480 (NOT IN XFIRE) AND BOTH DO THIS WITH 19.5.2 OR 19.7.1 , THE LATTER BEING WORST IN TERMS OF CRASHING. IVE TRIED OF EVERYTHING. REINSTALLED WIDNOWS THERE (3!!!!) TIMES EVEN WITHOUT INTERNET AND STILL THE SAME PROBLEM... NOT MANY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IT BUT ITS SO COMMON WHEN YOU START SERACHING THE WEB. NO AMD, ITS NOT MY PC OR GPU THATS BAD. ITS YOUR DRIVERS. FIX YOUR BS.

0 Likes

I apparently fixed it by setting every single state to the same clock and voltage and I disabled every type of sleep/hibernation on windows power options

0 Likes
satheendra
Journeyman III

Can you please tell me the settings you used so that I can copy them into mine

and also when you say  " every type of sleep/hibernation on windows power options " this just windows settings when the pc is on idle yeah ?

Capture.JPG

0 Likes
lmsrc
Journeyman III

Forget that! This started crashing all over the place again! I couldn't be on the desktop for over 5 minutes withou a BSOD! I'm now in the process of installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit because I've tried everything I could on Windows 10 and there's no fix on it. At least, Windows 7 is faster, I like it better, will problably not give these error and even if they happen windows 7 is old and people already know almost every problem and have a solution... Theres even an OFFICIAL microsoft article about "app has been blocked from accessing graphics driver". Once I get everything done, I'll tell you if anything goes bad. 

0 Likes

Ohh crap I thought you got a fix  let me know how it goes if this doesnt work out I will sell this card and go with nvidia

0 Likes
lmsrc
Journeyman III

See? Bad drivers is what's keeping AMD back... Also, this problem happens with Nvidia too, but it's more common with AMD. If you search the web you'll find more of these in Nvidia, but just because of the bigger market share... I'm installing Windows 7.

0 Likes
lmsrc
Journeyman III

I "fixed" it again! After spending all of yesterday trying to install Windows 7, I got it to not crash on Windows 10 by putting my clock speed on 1250 mhz and leaving stock voltages. Also I disabled erase settings on startup in afterburner. Add me on steam to play cs Steamcommunity.com/id/ylewiz7pt

0 Likes

@satheendra I have the same problem with rx 550 4gb. Did you fix this problem? 

0 Likes