Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ibottobi
Journeyman III

RX 580 crashes during games an performance testing

Hello,
I configured a new PC with ASUS Prime B550M-A, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 2x 8GB GSKILL Aegis, Radeon RX 580 8GB and 600W power supply. Two 120mm fans moving the the air through the mid tower. The calculation for the powerconsumtion of this setup is about 375W with two SSDs.

During gaming or running video benchmarks, the system is rebooting without warning. The screen becomes monochrome color and the computer restarts.

How could I figure out, where the problem resists? 

This is what I found in the event log:

WHEA-Logger:
Gemeldet von Komponente: Prozessorkern
Fehlerquelle: Machine Check Exception
Fehlertyp: Cache Hierarchy Error
Prozessor-APIC-ID: 13

Bios is ASUS 1801 latest (Beta). Windows is 20H2 19042.746. AMD B550 Chipsetdriver latest. Radeon 20.12.1 from 4.12.2020

0 Likes
6 Replies

@ibottobi wrote:

Hello,
I configured a new PC with ASUS Prime B550M-A, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 2x 8GB GSKILL Aegis, Radeon RX 580 8GB and 600W power supply. Two 120mm fans moving the the air through the mid tower. The calculation for the powerconsumtion of this setup is about 375W with two SSDs.

During gaming or running video benchmarks, the system is rebooting without warning. The screen becomes monochrome color and the computer restarts.

How could I figure out, where the problem resists? 

This is what I found in the event log:

WHEA-Logger:
Gemeldet von Komponente: Prozessorkern
Fehlerquelle: Machine Check Exception
Fehlertyp: Cache Hierarchy Error
Prozessor-APIC-ID: 13

Have you set the power limit in the control panel to the max plus (+) value?

You might want to install the stable 20.9.1 https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/rade...

Screenshot_14.png

0 Likes

Hello kingfish,

I have downgraded to 20.9.1 and tried your power tuning "power tuning max" but the benchmark crashes.
After the crash the settings are still "manual" but the the settings have been set to their defaults.
I also tried to tune the FAN speed for better cooling, but also no positive affect.

0 Likes

Sounds like a power supply issue. What brand do you have and how old is it?

0 Likes

It is a power supply from a computer manufacturer who has them made under their name. So it is not a branded power supply.
I will ask them, if they use this PSU in combination with this card in their own systems they sell.

There is not more than 20% of VRAM in use during the crash. In this case it is "Sea Of Thieves" 

0 Likes

I have changed the power supply to a Seasonic GC-650 Gold and the problem is still there!

0 Likes

check if vram is stuck when playing games

0 Likes