cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mekamechanic
Adept I

RX 580 Crash with Blue and Red Artifacts when watching Twitch streams at 1080p

Hi I recently purchased and installed a Gigabyte RX 580 8G card and randomly (whether I'm playing Valorant or just booting up my PC) red and blue checkerboard artifacts appear on my screen before it briefly goes black and gives me an AMD bug report popup.

The only way I've been able to consistently reproduce this outcome was by watching streams on Twitch at 1080p. Within 10 seconds the same thing will happen and it will continue repeatedly until bluescreening if I don't immediately close the tab.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

RAM: G.Skill 16GB (2 x 8GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz

PSU: EVGA 600 BR, 80+ Bronze 600W

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 8GB (Driver Version 20.12.1)

Before I installed this GPU I had a Geforce GT 1030 but before installation I used DDU to wipe all Nvidia drivers from my PC. I've already tried updating my BIOS and Windows version.

I was wondering if there is a simple solution to this or if I should just get a replacement.

EDIT:

While testing with 1080p Twitch streams I was keeping my eyes on MSI Afterburner and I noticed my Memory clock MHz spiked to 2000 when my screen produced artifacts and crashed. I'm not sure what this could be mean but I thought this detail was important. My GPU temperature has also been stable at around 40 celsius the entire time.

0 Likes
2 Replies
mekamechanic
Adept I

It recently artifacted and crashed my entire computer after only opening Firefox on startup. After restarting it didn't happen again. I am so frustrated by the seemingly random occurrences, please help.

0 Likes

What happens if you run a GPU benchmark like Unigine Superposition or similar (100% GPU)?

Does it run fine? or does that crash too?

0 Likes