Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Nwah
Journeyman III

RX 580 - Blender support

System Information

Operating system: Windows 10 or MacOs Mojave 10.14.6 (tested in both)
Graphics card: Radeon RX 580 8 GB

Blender Version Worked: Version 2.93.5 (2.93.5 2021-10-06) (MacOS Mojave)
Worked: Version 3.0.0 - Release Candidate x64 December 01 (Windows 10)

Hi great people!

When I choose Render engine Cycles, GPU compute grayed out when I try to choose GPU for render.

On windows 10: Blender Preferences\System : OpenCL "No Compatible GPUs found for path tracing"
On MacOS : Blender Preferences\System : No tab appears for OpenCL

I know blender doesn't support AMD RX 580. Please make it support because it has good chip (Graphics Core Next 4 Polaris 20) and it has massive 8 GB G-Ram. RX series are very preferred by many people also vastly used in graphic oriented work.

Please make it work
Regards

1 Reply

If no one answers your question at this specific AMD Forum try posting it at ProRender Pro - Blender AMD Forum -https://community.amd.com/t5/blender-discussions/bd-p/blender-discussions.

Even though that is for the Blender Plug-in for ProRender but there someone knowledgeable about Blender might be able to help you out.

I  do know that AMD has made ProRender compatible only with the RX GPUs. All Non-RX GPUs are now not supported by ProRender within the last year.

NOTE: If you want to upload a file you need to use a website (Free or paid) where you can upload and download files or folder and then provide a Link to the file or Folder on your reply.

If the txt is small enough you can take a picture of it and upload directly into your reply.

In the old AMD Format you can attach files and folders directly to a reply but in the new AMD Format that feature has been removed.

0 Likes