Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fs_duke
Journeyman III

RX 580 - Black screen with no signal message within 10 minutes of gameplay

System specs:

Intel Core i5 4460
XFX RX 580
16 GB of G.Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBXL DDR3 (4x4)
Gigabyte H97M-D3H
PNY 240 GB SSD (OS)
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB (storage)
Seasonic S12II 520W PSU
Dual monitor setup - Asus VN247 via HDMI and Acer S211HL via DVI-D

Since May 2021, I have been unable to get more than a few minutes of gameplay out of any of my Steam games before the display dies. Both screens go black with a no signal message as if the system has gone to sleep. Any game music will cut off shortly thereafter, forcing a hard reboot. Most of the times, upon reboot, AMD will generate a message stating the display drivers will not load, requiring me to go back and run a repair of the installation to get the drivers to work again.

The current Radeon software version is 21.6.1. I made sure all of my Windows Updates are in place. I have also tried completely uninstalling the Radeon software and drivers in Safe Mode using DDU before reinstalling the whole thing. Nothing helped.

I sent my original card in for RMA through XFX and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. They sent a replacement card and this one is doing the same thing.

In researching this issue, I did find the following post on this forum: https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/i-fixed-my-black-screen-issues-by-increasing-the-de.... I made the same changes to my tuning settings mentioned by the original author and I still get the same result.

I should mention that this only occurs when gaming. Normal usage (browsing the Internet, using Zoom, running Bluestacks emulator, etc) does not cause any problems.

0 Likes
0 Replies