Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Black screen and signal lost after gaming for awhile with RX580

you can make a more aggressive fan profile with MSI Afterburner and I have used it a lot to overclock video cards

try a more aggressive fan at stock speeds and see if that works

0 Kudos
gr8-1
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I tried again FH3 on Ultra in OC mode where the clock speed is 1430mhz, and at 70 deg target temp in Wattman.

After playing for just over an hour, the max temp still stayed at 72 deg, while the fan speed remained at 2311 rpm.

It seems this setting is stable as far as not getting the black screen issue is concerned. I'm not sure yet how this is going to fare for other games that could be more taxing, but I suppose the target temp or fan speed can always be adjusted if the need arises.

0 Kudos
gr8-1
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I tried playing deus ex mankind divided yesterday and also didn't encounter the black screen issue after more than an hour long session.

It was still at 70 deg target temp in wattman but I increased the target fan speed from the default 2285rpm to 3000rpm.  From what I saw the max temperature only hit about 65deg during gameplay, and this was at ultra settings with no msaa.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

as i suggested upping the fan speed can help with heat and adding more power helps with stability

i suggest using stock clock speeds so the GPU does not fry as AMD already has them running as fast as is safe

0 Kudos
snugglesmeagol
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I had problems with two different XFX RX 580 models. Any load would drop signal to monitor. Everything is at stock speeds. I'd been working on this for over a week when I saw someone mention changing "Power Limit" in WattMan.  Changing it from the default of 0 to +50 seems to have resolved the issue. I would be interested to know why this helps or is required when everything else is set to stock.  A lot of people have this problem on the internet, but there does not seem to be a well accepted fix. Does this indicate a problem with the card or are AMD's default settings just wrong?

0 Kudos
saydin77
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: RX 580 Black Screen While Gaming - Windows 10 - 17.9.3

Merhaba, ingilizce bilmediğim için kendi dilimde (Türkçe) yazıyorum.

Google translate kullanarak kendi çözümümü anlatabileceğimi düşünüyorum.

Aynı problem ile ben de karşılaştım.

Anakartım: Gigabyte Z370 HD3

Ekran Kartım: XFX RX580 GTS XXX

Anakart bios ayarlarından "FCLK Frequency for Early Power On" seçeneğini "Normal (800Mhz)" olarak değiştirdikten sonra hiç kararma olmadı ve çok stabil bir şekilde oyun oynuyorum.

Sizin anakart bios ayarlarında da benzer bir şeyler olmalı.

Belki bir driver update veya bios update ile durum çözülebilir.

Umarım size de çözüm olur...

0 Kudos
ameenkhan
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Dear all

i was facing the same problem with rx580 nitro+ saphire ,i do all the thing what people said i mean anything the final thing where i didnt face that problem again after uninstalling  all latest softwares of amd andrenalin(2019) and install old version of crimpson what saphire provide in their box i dont know for how long it will  work but from some days i didnt face that problem which really sucks....

0 Kudos
rosko
Adept I
Adept I

Hi,

I have some similar problem with a RX590 from Sapphire Nitro+. 

While gaming the card reach 79º last time i saw the temperature, and then boom, black screen. 

But! It was doing fine in FurMark during 20 min with temps at 83º(in closed case with no fans, i set the worse conditions for test)... 

All drivers updated. No idea what's going on.

I have read in forums that, although the temperature shown is 80 degrees, for example, the VRM can be much higher and therefore it shuts down.

Also, the AMD Radeon software doing strange things. I set the fan speed on 'Auto' and gues what? While gaming temps was reaching 80º but fans was spinig at 800rpm, and black screen... And if I set a custon fan curve, if the PC is restarted so all settings in AMD Radeon software get lost. 

Could you solve the problem? I would be very grateful for your response!

I really dont want to give it back, (It was bought 2 months ago.)

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

after what happened to my old 8600 GT, for a long time I ran my video card fans at 100% out of fear of another bad driver

try setting the fan to 100% above 75C and see if that keeps the card cool enough

0 Kudos
pegasus2
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi Rosko

It turned out to be how old my other system components were. The rest of my system was about 8 years old and when I replace the motherboard all the problems went away.

I'd reccomend updating your motherboard BIOS to the latest version. This helped my old mainboard but didnt fix the blackscreen problem. Also underclocking by 50mhz helped keep it a bit more stable.

When I upgraded all my stuff to my new system I can get a 150Mhz stable overclock on the same RX580 that was blackscreening on a 50mhz underclock.All my cooling is set to stock settings.

I'd also make a serious effort to increase your case cooling. Get a large fan on the side and de dust everything.

0 Kudos