cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Adept I
Adept I

RX 580 black screen while gaming default radeon wattman setting has been restored unexpected system

GPU: RX5808GB ASUS

CPU: I59400F

power suplly 550W silentium pc

motherboard B365M

RAM 2x8 2666 MHZ

Problem:

When i play a game : my screen goes black, fans speed up, sound still works, HDMI no signal. After rebooting a computer i get default radeon wattman setting has been restored unexpected system failure in notifications. I manage to fix it by underclocking GPU to 1100MHZ but I loose 19% of performance. THX for help

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Adept II
Adept II

Re: RX 580 black screen while gaming default radeon wattman setting has been restored unexpected sys

Hi

What driver are you using? asus? version?

could be a power problem you should check consumption and correct power cable installation.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Re: RX 580 black screen while gaming default radeon wattman setting has been restored unexpected sys

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

consumtion 120 W witchout underclocking

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Hi i think people would need better details about all system

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

also is the card new? or all pc configuration?

try increasing GPU Power Limit in wattman

if card installation is correct could be a faulty card.

Adept I
Adept I

details

WIN 10 2004

RX 580 8GB

Cpu i5 9400F

SSD 240GB

HDD 1TB

power supply silentium pc 550W

motherboard B365M

2x8 2666MHZ HYPERX

1.I bought this card in shop 6 months ago. 

2.I tried increasing power limit in watttman +50. Still have blackscreens.

3.Card isn't faulty beacouse it was in service.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

well from what you said

problem could be PSU or  PSU configuration

- check and double check PCIe power cable to VGA

- If you can try with another PSU

- try disconnecting some or all devices you can from PSU leaving it more power. If it doesn't crash you should think upgrading PSU.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

When your card is either not getting the power it needs or throttles it can reset the driver and it will also return all driver settings to defaults. That is the error you got and what it means. 

Max the power limit to 50. It is under the performance then tuning tab. Also if that alone does not fully help, set a custom fan curve that kicks the fans to 100 at 70 degrees.

This is a very common issue with Polaris. 

If that does not helps run the diagnostic app OCCT from OCBASE dot COM and check your components. 

If that does not show any issues talk to the support department for the company that made your GPU. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi,

i had the same problem with the newest driver 20.11.1

Try to use the current stable driver 20.9.1, that fixed everything for me.

I had weird stuttering and game crashes too.

It seems like the old RX Series has problems with the newest driver.

Don't forget to put the check mark at the optional factory reset settings.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

for all note that new driver is already available 20.11.2

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-11-2

and it includes fixes for rx series (finally for watman settings reset after sleep)

0 Kudos