cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MathiasFarrell
Journeyman III

rx 580 black screen on boot

so I wanted to play the new mw2 beta and needed to download the new adrenaline windows 10 64 bit version 22.9.1 released on the 21st of September. installation went well and was promoted to restart device so I clicked restart now and my computer booted back up but got no signal on the screen. I tried to reboot and got the same thing again. I've also tried to unplug the graphics card and plug it back in but no luck. does anyone know what to do next to for sure fix this issue? or am I **bleep**ed until I upgrade my gpu and cpu?

0 Likes
11 Replies
Mitsui14
Adept II

Hi! If you boot windows using safe mode, most likely you will have image on your screen. Then you should remove the drivers using DDU, and reinstall an older version of adrenalin.

If you don't know how to start your pc in safe mode, check this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644...

0 Likes

okay and what is ddu and where do I install it?

0 Likes
Mitsui14
Adept II

DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) is a driver removal utility, you can download it here: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

If you don't have an USB drive to put the software, before booting into safe mode there is also an option called "with Networking". That way you can use the actual PC with the black screen problem to download the software directly and uninstall the drivers.

0 Likes
MathiasFarrell
Journeyman III

I've tried to boot in safe mode using the link you shared and also multiple videos on yt and nothing is working..

0 Likes
MathiasFarrell
Journeyman III

I also don't even get a motherboard logo when booting I get zero image of anything and I've tried all the F keys to get into the boot menu etc. is it possible that whatever just happened it ruined my graphics card/ss/hdd?

0 Likes

Yeah, if you don't have a motherboard logo at all, your gpu might be completely dead.
Sometimes, if the gpu is not working correctly, you have a motherboard logo but the black screen happens when booting into windows.

What cpu do you have? do you have integrated graphics? if that's the case, you can try connecting the monitor directly to the motherboard and see if anything shows up in the screen, just to check if the PC is booting correctly.

Also, you can try reseating the RAM just in case. That could be the problem is the pc is not showing image at all.

0 Likes
MathiasFarrell
Journeyman III

I have a 3400g with integrated graphics. I don't believe the integrated graphics is working though but ill check again bc I bought this pc second hand also gonna try reseating the ram rn ill keep you posted

0 Likes
MathiasFarrell
Journeyman III

yeah neither the integrated nor the regular graphics card is booting a mob logo/windows and also reseated the ram. I should probably have it looked at and diagnosed to see if its the mono cpu or gpu causing the issue. I just hope its nothing crazy tbh not looking forward to replacing the whole setup lmao

0 Likes

yeah I think its a cpu issue actually because now my cpu cooler fan just stopped running and my power button work to turn on but won't power off the pc smh.

0 Likes
BrandenQ
Journeyman III

I’m having the same issue, wanted to update to adrenaline for mw2 and my monitors are not connecting after the restart. Rip

twjames66
Adept I

Funny I am also having the same issue with my XFX RX 580 and have just hit a dead end here....the card was working fine but update the drivers and then stated getting black screens and PC crashes about 30 seconds to a minute into any game. Seem to happen on ctrl-tab. One day the screen went black wasn't even doing anything on the PC. hard booted the PC and never got a signal to the monitor again.

I swapped out with my very old R7 200 series 2Gb and system has remained stable

I researched it for a few days with no real luck. A few days late I put the RX 580 back in and sure enough I could get the boot up on the monitor. sat on the system for a bit and then opened a game and 30 seconds and the monitor went black again. Couldn't get the signal to the monitor again afterwards on boot up

Back in with the R7 200 series and system is rock solid

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (6 Core)
Mainboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H
SDRAM:Corsair 16Gb (8Gb X2)
Currently: Radeon R7 200 Series
EVGA GOLD 700W
Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home 64-bit (Build 19044)
DirectX Version 12.0

0 Likes