cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Myuzen
Journeyman III

RX 580 - Black screen crash after playing for 30 - 60 minutes

Hello, my pc crashes with a colour screen (Most of the time black screen but depends) and then i have to force restart the pc, normally occurs after half an hour of playing games like Dota 2 or Hollow knight, but sometimes the crash happens after just 10 minutes or playing (Subnautica, Valheim, Outer wilds) this doesn't happens in every game (for example: Tabletop simulator, R6 Siege, and mostly low req games) I though i solved it lowering the max frequency for like 9 - 11% but after a week it started again and more frequently, its very random i cannot find the source of the problem.

I have this GPU since 2019 and as far as i remember, this always happened.

GPU: AMD RX 580 8GB Phantom gaming

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

PSU: Sentey SDP550

0 Likes
1 Solution
vialli100
Forerunner

Your PSU is really bad (32A on 12v rail)..

It is also a very cheap make, I run an RX 580 and my PSU is seasonic 850w..

850w is over doing it, but you have to take into account your other PC parts..

I think you really need to upgrade the PSU to a good make 600w, corsair, seasonic 80+ gold..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Your PSU is really bad (32A on 12v rail)..

It is also a very cheap make, I run an RX 580 and my PSU is seasonic 850w..

850w is over doing it, but you have to take into account your other PC parts..

I think you really need to upgrade the PSU to a good make 600w, corsair, seasonic 80+ gold..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Yeah, as i supposed, there is a way to solve it without replacing it? because i can't do it for now

0 Likes

did you solve the problem? this is happening to me for like a week , when te graphics crash it goes black and y need to restart my computer, then install again the adrenaline program, and take a long time to get ready, then crashes again.

i dont know enough to figure it out whats going on

0 Likes

No way to solve, without a new PSU..

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

I had issues on my wife's setup running a Thermaltake 500wt RGB 80 White PSU .. switched to a Segotep (big in China) 600wt 80+ Gold and problem solved

I was having issues on a budget build I was putting together to sell using a 550wt 80+ Bronze OK lower end PSU (I forget exact name) .. I'd get black screens just running an older Quadro 4000 2GB card. Upgraded to different 700wt 80+ Bronze (forget it's name too) and problem solved.

I recommend that IF you are going to buy a new PSU, go with an 80+ Gold with more than enough wattage to handle whatever your setup needs at a peak sustained load

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes