cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

HadleyBrine
Adept I

RX 580 8GB OC does not detect second monitor

I was using a Geforce GTX 750 with an HDMI ASUS monitor as the main and a smaller secondary monitor on the DVI port. Since the RX 580 only has DPs and HDMI, I went out to buy a DVI to DP adapter, and though the adapter is working, the second monitor won't be detected. The first HDMI monitor is pretty good, but no signal on the second one.

All Geforce Drivers have been uninstalled and the AMD one update to most recent iteration.

Any solutions? :/

0 Likes
3 Replies

Most likely it is your DVI-DP adapter.

Is your DVI>DP Adapter a HD Active adapter?

Can you post your adapter Make & Model?

@HadleyBrine wrote:

I was using a Geforce GTX 750 with an HDMI ASUS monitor as the main and a smaller secondary monitor on the DVI port. Since the RX 580 only has DPs and HDMI, I went out to buy a DVI to DP adapter, and though the adapter is working, the second monitor won't be detected. The first HDMI monitor is pretty good, but no signal on the second one.

All Geforce Drivers have been uninstalled and the AMD one update to most recent iteration.

Any solutions? :/

Sorry you are confusing me a bit as to which monitor is working? The one connected with the adapter is working and the other directing hooked to the HDMI is not. Or is it the one hooked to the adapter does not work? Test this too by booting each way as if you see a bios boot screen in all ways and just not once Windows starts then it is likely a problem in Windows.

First as the other user said you have to have an adapter that is an active adapter. Second even then some of them are just flakey. Finding a good one can be though. I can tell you club3d makes good adapters. 

That being said if your adapter is working, what happens if you plug in one monitor at at time to both work with the adapter by themselves. Do either of them work directly to the HDMI port by themselves. 

If they all work one at a time I would think maybe something is just corrupt in the driver install.

At that point run DDU from wagnardsoft dot com from safe mode to remove all old driver info. Have the internet disabled.

Before doing this make sure you have the AMD driver already downloaded. 

Then boot back into Windows still NOT connected to the internet and install the AMD driver and choose the Factory Reset option. 

See if that helps.

Also make sure you have both monitors setup right in the Windows settings: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-dual-monitors-on-windows-10-3d5c15dc-cc63-d850-ae...

Months later, I return here.

The monitor that's not working is the one on the adapter. The HDMI is just fine. Tried booting up with the one in the adapter only, and it didn't detect it.

No bios screen appears, as the monitor doesn't even receive any signal (I can't even access the menu on the thing), windows is not a problem, I think. Here is the adapter. It's probably some Chinese cheap **bleep**, but I've already switched another for this one, it's highly unlikely that I've got two bad units in a row. I'm not sure if it's active or passive, and honestly, I saw another post where a dude said he fixed with a PASSIVE. So what do I do?

index.jpg

0 Likes