cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

skipsy
Journeyman III

RX 580 (8GB) Black Screen Issue

So every now and then I will be playing a game, and then my monitor goes black and says "no signal". This usually happens after the pc has been on a long time and I go fullscreen something or alt-tab, but sometimes happens whilst actually playing, usually in Civilization 5 oddly enough. I did a GPU stress test with FurMark, the GPU reaches 83 Celsius and the fan usage maxes about 130% (I don't know how it can be above 100%) and when I alt-tab out of the stress test window itself, it does the same thing. Its also worth noting that the computer and all its peripherals stay on, and I have to hard power off or press the reset button. I'm almost 100% that the GPU fails because of temperature or the high fan usage and so I am also wondering if anyone has a recommendation of a case with good ventilation?

0 Likes
3 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Go to WattMan and reset the settings. If the FurMark test still shows a maximum of 83 degrees, go to WattMan again and set the GPU power to -15%. And repeat the FurMark test. Try to lower the GPU temperature below 80 degrees by lowering the GPU power. Good luck...

0 Likes

Hi, sorry I hadn't checked this in a while, I moved my pc for better ventilation and ive just had the same crash again just now. So now I am going to try your method, hopefully that can ascertain the problem.

0 Likes

did this work for you?

0 Likes