cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SofiaBonez
Adept III

RX 580 8 GB - Random No Signal - Please Help

Hello Everyone sometimes when playing a game my screen goes Black then goes to No Signal

I have my  Radeon AMD SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 580 Series 8 GB hooked up via HDMI

I have tried turning my screen on and off, unplugging the HDMI and then reconnecting it, Trying a different HDMI cord.

The only way for signal to come back is pressing the power button to turn it off then back on .... the restart button won't do anything at all this doesn't happen everyday its a very random issue 

It hasn't done it for about a month then it did tonight after uninstalling Black Desert Online and Steam as well getting rid of those folders that have to do with it then restarting my computer so it was out of my directory. 

Custom Computer Build

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Motherboard: Micro Star B450M Pro-M2 (MS-7B84)
Power Supply: Cooler Master Extreme2 525
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor
Drive: Intel 660p NVMe PCIe M.2 512GB
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 C15 2x8GB
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: Radeon AMD SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 580 Series 8 GB
Radeon Version: 20.11.2

0 Likes
28 Replies

This might fix it 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHd0065duKE

What you are haveing is it call black screen we all have or had it this video might help you to fix it . 

@taskforce131 My custom computer builder did that he even did a factory clean install of windows hoping it would resolve the issue and it didn't after he gave it back to me it happened again it does every so often not everyday

I cleaned the memory sticks maybe a month ago and that's when it stopped happening weird enough that it could of been that but I an air compressor that I blow dust off the memory sticks at least once a week. 

Plus I always choose the Factory Reset Option that it shows to click when installing a new recommended update

My Laptop with Processor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20 GHz doesn't have any issues like this even when I was using it for over a week and for years before I got this custom build tower the laptop is 4 years old ..... My custom computer will be a year old this month with no used parts in it at all there all were bought brand new.

0 Likes

Did you try to check every hard drive one by one it might be one of them have some issue check the monitor or the cable that you using. Check the cable for any damages or cuts also check the monitor plug make sure noting is lose . 

It might be the dusts or they memeory slot is damaged or your ram is damaged check them out . Also make sure you put your rams is right order according to your motherboard manual . 

@taskforce131 There is only one hard drive which is a SSD of a NVMe if you look in my post it shows that under my first post of the Custom Computer Build -- Drive: Intel 660p NVMe PCIe M.2 512GB

There are only 2 Ram slots on the motherboard and there both dual channel ram slots so it shouldn't matter what slot they are in

37 Inch Vizio TV I use as a Monitor nothing is loose on the power connections or HDMI connections that's how the video card is connected to my the tv is via HDMI

I have even tried using a different HDMI cord that I bought back 3 months ago and no signal issue with it

To get the signal back I have to press the power button on my computer to turn it off then turn it back on, The restart button does not work when it does this issue

I take air duster to the entire inside of the computer at least once a week of these - https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/emzone-air-duster/6000188082358
0 Likes

@SofiaBonez 

my bad I was talking about hardware lol not hard drive
I was saying it might one of them is lose or not working right if you have old ram try to use that just to see if this thing will happen or if you have an old video card to the something we just want to try to see if it the video card or other things that have a problem.
you said it happen randomly if you have an old monitor try that see if you getting this issue or not it might be the power cord for you tv is bad or the TV is going bad or something is not working right check everything
if that did not fix it might be your power supply that has the issue
there is a lot of things that cause this issue it is hard to pinpoint.

have you tried to see if your TV is heating up when that happens?

@taskforce131 I don't have any spare videos cards, memory cards, or any of that kind of stuff that you mentioned.

Even if I had any spare hardware I wouldn't be comfortable taking things in and out of the build myself as I'm not comfortable touching very much inside of a tower.

This computer was built for me in December 2019 and the builder checked everything out maybe 6 months ago build wise.

He has health issues now and can no longer build computers or look at them while dealing with those health issues.

Also No Spare TV to use for over a week to see if it happens, No Spare Power Cords that would run from TV to Power surge protector or from tower itself

When it does it the reset button right underneath the front power button does nothing I have to press the power button to turn the computer off then back on again.

The 37 Inch TV was bought in 2010 and has no issues with cable that runs to it via HDMI as I switched to Cable when its done it thats plugged into HDMI one and its been working with no issues

I'm saving up to get a Smart TV eventually there not cheap here the cheapest i seen a 1080p is $340.00 so close to $400.00 with tax.

0 Likes

@SofiaBonez   try this use older version of the AMD driver see if that will fix it 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/how-do-you-actually-install-older-drivers/td-p/130766 

I think you have same issue that everyone have the black screen it is look like your TV/monitor it off when you restart the computer everything went back to normal  (I had that issue i fixed it by doing things in that video). 

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

What is your monitor? Does your monitor support FreeSync? Have you turned off FreeSync and tried it? Could FreeSync be causing this problem?

0 Likes

@taskforce131  I'll try see leave it and see if it happens again maybe it was a once thing I dunno 🤷 

If it does it again I will roll back to the last recommend.

@mstfbsrn980 Vizio 32" Class LED HDTV 1080p Model: M320NV-CA hooked up via HDMI

No it doesn't support FreeSync and FreeSync has always been turned off.

I was playing on a 40" TV don't remember the name of the TV when I tested it out before buying the computer.

0 Likes

Have you tested with a different monitor? Could this problem be caused by the driver?

0 Likes

@mstfbsrn980  As I already said I don't have another TV or Monitor to use for over a week to test it out I'm saving for a Smart TV.

I don't know if the driver is causing it I have the 20.11.2 installed right now.

Everything was last tested 6 months ago by the builder who put the 20.10.1 driver on it.

The only time it stopped for over a month is when I took the memory cards out and cleaned them which is weird I take an air duster to computer once a week.

0 Likes

If the signal loss on the monitor does not cause the game to shut down, either the port, or the connecting cable, or the monitor, or the driver is faulty.

So you need a different monitor or TV to find the cause of the problem.

@mstfbsrn980 the same HDMI cable works fine for my cable box to the TV when this issue has happened so I don't believe it's the HDMI cable or TV as if it was it would happen on any HDMI port to the TV or a different source on the TV itself.

I will be buying a new Smart TV when I'm able to so I guess we will see

We will see if it happens again to determine driver issue.

0 Likes
THICC_D0GG0
Adept II

maybe update your bios and restore default settings in bios

0 Likes

@THICC_D0GG0 i was told never to M-Flash the Motherboard and i don't want to play around with Bios Settings i know very little about

Also it has happened with the Bios set on default settings as well as the computer builder walked me through doing it.

But that was over 8 months ago and I don't remember how.

0 Likes

Updating VBIOS is useless. But updating the firmware of the monitor may fix the problem, if exists...

because i had somehow a similar problem and when i flashed my motherboard it worked. I think it gives wrong woltage to your gpu, About your powersupply i think you are ok so it is a motherboard fault. Or  faulty ram from the company

0 Likes

@mstfbsrn980  its TV can't really update firmware to LED TV that has no internet connection on the back of the tv

@THICC_D0GG0 Motherboard was replaced 8 months ago when I M-Flased the older motherboard I had which ruined the older motherboard so not taking the chance.

Memtest has been run with no errors, Scandsk has been ran with no errors

Everything was tested 6 months ago by builder please look at previous posts before you comment more.

0 Likes

It did it again today the first time it did it this month was on Decemeber.6th

Anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Likes

four reasons will cause no signal 1. cable 2.ram stick 3.power supply 4. monitor 

1. check HDMI ,DVI or display cables, try using it on another monitor, this step  you had made 

2. In your situation, it's a random no signal, and you had cleaned the ram stick with an eraser, cleaned the ram slot with a soft brush, if the issue is caused by the ram, that's will cause sustainable no signal and not randomly.

3.PSU, if these parts do not work, you need a better one to replace it

4.Monitor, when your monitor never works then you need a new one.

0 Likes

@egg8cake 

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Motherboard: Micro Star B450M Pro-M2 (MS-7B84)
Power Supply: Cooler Master Extreme2 525
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor
Drive: Intel 660p NVMe PCIe M.2 512GB
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 2400 C15 2x8GB
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: Radeon AMD SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 580 Series 8 GB
Radeon Version: 20.11.2

DxDiag.txt report some of it below
------------------
Time of this report: 12/19/2020, 02:15:15
Machine name: DESKTOP-3FHKQNI
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model: MS-7B84
BIOS: 2.70 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16338MB RAM
Page File: 5782MB used, 12987MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0546 64bit Unicode

I have been playing online games such as Second Life and I will be able to see my avatar, hear the music and everything or playing Perfect World International where I can see everything then suddenly everything freezes up and my 32 Inch Vizio TV turns black then goes to "No Signal" 

To make it come back I press the main front power button to turn the computer off then turn it back on. 

I should mention this has only happened with this computer tower but not my laptop connected via HDMI the same way as the computer tower which makes no sense.

0 Likes

your mobo is a 1st generation, the RAMchip is a little poor performance due to its' generation but it's fine on this 450.

3.2Mhz/3.4Mhz CPU, for a second life or similar online game, is enough, better if you have a 3.6Mhz + CPU but it not really matter.

SSD and Vicard are of a high-quality type.

Your CPU+GPU consumption is about 320 w, the fan needs 55 to 70w, Ram +SSD is about 15w, Keyboard+mouse+ HDMI wire will consume extra powers about 20+ w. Your Cooler Master Extreme2 525 is a max 406 W type, and it's an old type used for years its real power is lower than it. When the game starts the power consumption is low but as it going it needs more power to process memories, that's why you start the game fine its but the computer breaks down after hours of the game. Perhaps you need a better Power supply, perhaps a 490 w real max power type. It's not accurate, just a estimate, Please do more test before buy a new PSU

0 Likes

@egg8cake  Okay but sometimes it will happen even like 10 mins or 2 hours after loading up Second Life.

And according to canirunit.com everything GPU, CPU, Memory and NVME that I have is good enough for recommend of Second Life.

Then it won't do it for weeks at end like the last time it happened before last night was on December 6th.

Before that I took the memory cards out there slots and cleaned them it didn't happen again for at least a month

So if its really the PSU then it should be happening every weekday or week regardless shouldn't it?

I don't have another monitor or TV to test that

I have tired other HDMI Cables 

I have cleaned the memory card with an eraser and blown out the slots with air duster as I don't have a soft brush thats when it stopped for about a month. 

Also my laptop which has a worse CPU with R5 Graphics has no issues with Second Life like this whatsoever other then I can only see maybe max 15 people without lagging 

0 Likes

Electricity is not stable, most power supply systems and electrical appliances use sine wave alternating current electricity, which has peaks and valleys and fluctuates randomly. Sine wave alternating current is not stable at 11OV or 220V. The effect of PSU is These electric volt curves are converted into the effective values required for the normal operation of the computer. The components of the computer can work stably within the effective value of the voltage curve, even the voltage is slightly lower within a very short moment. But when the outside voltage of the sine wave AC power supply is at a low valley value, and the power consumption of the computer reaches its maximum value. The old and cheap power supply will not generate stable power of effective voltage value. This random event will cause no signal, It depends on outside electricity and your PSU.

When the computer runs for weeks or months, the static electricity on the MOBO , and the accumulated dust will also cause the no signal event too. And this no signal issue will hurt your MOBO and GPU. 

From the price point of view, A power supply is much cheaper than a monitor.  it is not easy to judge without specific tests, you can wait a bit longer until you made a decision.

0 Likes

@egg8cake i talked to Geek Squad of Best Buy and they told me if it was the fans wouldn't be still running when this issue happens , that the computer would turn completely off if it was the PSU

I am having it looked at by a computer builder  tonight and they will be getting back to me when the computer builder knows the issue

0 Likes

So the computer builder i took it to seen the GPU at high temps even at idle so he took it out to clean it fully.

Cleaning the Fans, Card itself, Heatsink and where the thermal paste would be on the GPU there was none at all.

Which makes 0 sense but he sent me a picture of it and I could see for myself there was none.

He cleaned where it would be and applied new thermal paste 

Set up a Fan Curve in BIOS for the Video card fans and Case Fans of the computer to keep the video card cool

I've only had the computer back an hour and the temp of the video card has not went above 45 C

They used to go above 50 C

Before you say this won't work I looked up that this has worked for others with the RX 580 card and different video cards.

0 Likes
NK01UK74
Journeyman III

Hi folks,

Custom PC with RX 580 connected via HDMI to Samsung 4K UHD smart tv. Everything was fine yesterday but today I get no signal on TV. I tried a different HDMI cable from my PS4 which worked fine on all 3 HDMI ports on TV & PS4. I took out the RX 580 & gave it a quick dust down & still no signal. I reset the TV hoping that it would scan the HDMI inputs & find the signal from the PC but alas no joy.

I am at a loss. I see that the RX 580 has 3 DM Ports. So I'm thinking of getting a Active DP to HDMI 4k@60Hz HDR Cable. 

After checking the specs of the RX 580 it has a DisplayPort 1.4 HDR so after searching I found the above cable from Amazon for £21.99. I am more than happy to get it but I was hoping that one of you guys could help me with the HDMI issue first. I can't figure out why it lost its signal.

I 100% appreciate any help 

Update:

I went ahead an purchased a DisplayPort to HDMI cable from Amazon & when I plugged it in no joy. Blank screen. So I am assuming that there is something wrong with my graphics card