cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

notideal
Journeyman III

RX 580 4GB is dying under load

Out of nowhere my RX 580 has begun to give out when doing anything at all graphically intensive. It started with Microsoft Flight Simulator and CS:GO. When doing a benchmark and playing Alien Isolation it has also given out. Whenever this occurs, the graphics freeze for a moment then the entire computer shuts off. I thought it might have been a PSU problem since my computer was prebuilt but the LEDs cut off when the entire computer shuts off rather than them staying on for a period of time. My computer is still under warranty but I want to figure out what the problem is.

0 Likes
5 Replies
augustoantonelli11
Journeyman III

hello bro i have the same problem, could you solve it?

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Power test with OCCT and see the result.

0 Likes

I ran a Power test for around an hour. My computer did not shut off nor did my GPU have any issues. I figured my problems may have magically disappeared, so I tried to recreate the problem by streaming my screen to discord and running a userbenchmark test. My computer did not crash. After that, I ran the power test again while streaming it to discord and a new issue arose. My monitor lost connection to the GPU and neither of my two HDMI ports had any output. My GPU and CPU were still running at full load because the OCCT test was still running (as far as I know it was, the monitor was off.) and I had to use the power button to turn my computer off then on again.

0 Likes

Disable turn off display, fastboot, and sleep options from the Windows power options. I think your system is healty. The GPU driver maybe saves your hardware from an error. Reset settings and try 100Mhz or -5% underclock with WattMan.

0 Likes
ravenbridge
Adept I

Are you sure that it is your GPU...?

0 Likes