cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Frizey
Journeyman III

RX 580 4GB Crashing

Hello so I have the Gigabyte RX 580 4GB (GV-RX580GAMING-4GD-MI) bought from Ebay, it had no signal once so ever, so i plugged in one of my old cards and got signal that way. The first boot it was around 98 C, so i quickly shut down the system and restarted it, after that it started running properly (40-50 C). I attempted to run a game on the card and it instantly crashed, turns out it crashes under any type of load. Fans work fine, thermal padding and thermal paste is fresh. Card is in perfect-visual condition. What is the problem, and or is it possible to fix this? I'm trying to start gaming but i can't find any card for a reasonable price, so I'm willing to do whatever i can think of to try and fix this card.

0 Likes
3 Replies
yrpleut76
Adept II

did you have a graphic card before this one on this OS? in this case, did you clean old drivers (with DDU) before installing new device?

is it the correct BIOS version? As a rx from ebay could have been tweaked for mining

0 Likes

Yes i made sure that my card's BIOS was whipped, and it was given a fresh bios flash. The bios was completely stock.

0 Likes

What AMD drivers version do you have instlled? do you have timout issues with Adrenalin? Can you open the AMD Software or does it crash

0 Likes