cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

agreeablyblue
Journeyman III

RX 5700XT Stuttering and crashing often

As the title says my new RX 5700XT is stuttering and crashing regularly. This is occurring in games that my GTX 1060 6GB from 3 years ago could handle just fine. I've wiped all Nvidia drivers with DDU and freshly installed the Radeon drivers 2 times now. I've also upped the power limit to +50 rather than the preset 0 in Radeon settings. GPU is sitting at 77C during load if that helps. 

My build is:

B450-F motherboard

Ryzen 7 2700X

Radeon RX 5700XT

32GB Ripjaws DDR4

600W Powersupply 

Is there anything standing out that could be causing this issue? Do I need a larger power supply, or is this just a drivers issue? Any help is appreciated, on userbenchmark, this card is greatly outperforming my old card but in practice, I'm not seeing it. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
hellion
Journeyman III

What helped for me in some games is setting to Auto undervoltage GPU in Wattsman. Since then I could play Metro Exodus, World War 3, Titanfall 2 for more than 2 hours without chrashing.

Disabled FreeSync on the monitor reduced black flickering.

GPU Temps around 80° Junction Temps around 90°.

Still have crashes and flickering but now able at least play this two games. Apex Legends crashing.

Putting fanspeed on 60% didn't helped.

Audjusting PowerSupply didn't helped.

Manuell undervoltage didn't helped.

Auto Overclocking VRAM didn't helped.

Disableling Overlay and/or Radeon Settings didn't helped

Rollback to older Radeon Software didn't helped

I read that reducing RAM clock beneath 3000Mhz helped for some people. Not for me.

Build:

Win7

A320M-HDV Board

Ryzen 7 1800X

16GB Ripjaws DDR4

500W

0 Likes
foxwater
Adept I

I have a very similar setup to yours (B450-I, R7 2700, and 5700 XT AE) and also experiencing occasional crashes. My PSU is 650W 80+ Platinum so I'm fairly positive that's not the issue...and pretty sure shitty drivers are the issue.

0 Likes
kkohena
Adept I

Im experiencing some stuttering in my games but mostly its just abysmal frame rates for the card. I switched from a 1080 and took a massive hit to performance in Dauntless and Destiny 2. At 1440p I'm sitting on 40 frames in both games when with the 1080 I was closer to 60-70. FFXIV is the only game that seems to utilize this card effectively as I've improved in only this game, minus the random swings between 110 and 60 fps. Maybe its because the game is DirectX11? I don't know. Ive tried the 19.7.1 drivers and I didnt notice much of a change. Im currently using the 19.7.2 drivers with only adjustments made to underclock the default 2100 mhz and increase fan speed. The card is having incredibly poor utilization in most games except FFXIV.

Ive recently modified my card to have the Arctic Accelero Extreme IV cooler to keep this card from bursting into flame. Hopefully AMD doesnt make me turn this into a legal battle over the void warranty stickers for working to preserve the life of the card. Went from 80-90c max temps to 50-60.

0 Likes
ladyhks
Adept I

I have exactly same problem, my games are stuttering a lot.

I play Blade and soul and Astellia, will try more games tomorrow.

Have same stuttering with 13.3 adrenaline and latest drivers released yesterday.

Games are play by SSD. 

And there isn't any situation that should make this happen.

I had before the Rx590 and was having no issue in any game.

Cleared pc both with AMD cleanup utility and DDU , also deleted the C:\AMD Folder.

My configuration: 

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600x
Motherboard: x570 Gaming Edge WIFI
Ram: Gskill Trident z Rgb 3200 Mhz cl 16
Gpu: Sapphire Nitro + Rx 5700xt
Storage: Ssd 500gb + 2x HD 1tb
Psu: Seasonic focus plus platinum 650w

0 Likes
samde
Adept I

I have too all problems in game 'Hunt Showdown'.I dont buy anymore AMD or Radeon s&*%^*.

0 Likes