Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

asdft1
Adept I

RX 5700XT RED DEVIL INGAME BLACKSCREENS

Hello,

Ive recently bought one of the RED DEVIL 5700XT cards and get alot of Black screens where i can only unplug/hardreset my Computer. Is there a known fix to this?

It only occurs when i am playing a game so far(AC Valhalla, Origins, Odyssey, Modern Wafare..).

There is no Error prompt and i cannot see any noticeable in the eventlog.

My Computer was build 2 Weeks ago and i changed my GPU from 1660 ti(coil whining) to the 5700XT and now i wish i kept the 1660 ti for 200€ less.

I cant play a game for more then 30 minutes without getting a blackscreen. Nothing happens in desktop use/streaming videos.

Im running the latest Adrenaline driver atm.

my PC specs are:

5700 XT Red Devil

B550M Bazooka

3200 corsair RGB RAM

Ryzen 5 3600

1 SSD , 1 NVMe SSD

AOC 1440p 144 Hz via DP

Eizo 1080p 60 Hz via HDMI (already tried to unplug and restart for only 1 while playing) 

550W corsair PS (tried another aswell same issue)

I Would be greatful if someone could help me fixing this cause rn the gpu is more or less worthless and i payed over 400€ for it.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Well the Reference model AMD 5700xt calls for a minimum 600 watt power supply. The Red Devil calls for a 700 watt power supply. You have a 550. So you are underpowered to start with. The problem you have is usually power related. If you had the right power supply I would suggest you raise your Power Limit slider in Radeon Settings to its maximum and you can try that. If it does not help I would suggest you get a quality 750 watt power supply and try again. 

Good Luck!

0 Likes

I Have already tried using 1000W PS of my roommate and its still the same. The 700W is more like a guide value.

U can look up several builds with this GPU and even 450W or 500W PS that works properly.(or use PSU calculator on any side it will tell u 500W is recommended for my build)

I tried alot of "simple" fixes like unplugging, new driver installtion(old versions uninstalled using DDU), reinstalling windows, deleting all monitoring software like afterburner, turning off all options in the adrenaline software(reset), oc bios/ silent bios switch, turning down my ram clock/gpu clock...

0 Likes