Hi All,

Below is my system specs,

Processor : Ryzen 5 2600
GPU : Gigabyte RX 5700 XT OC 8G
MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk
PSU : Corsair 550 W
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2933 Mhz
Storage : Sata SSD 256GB and NVME M.2 1TB

I mostly play 2 games Destiny 2 and Dota 2. Recently i am observing that the FPS drops are quite significant in both the games with my hardware. I am pretty sure that this hardware is much more capable of the current FPS its providing.

In Destiny 2 i am having dips to 20 - 30 FPS with the new areas which is completely unacceptable. In Dota 2 where i was getting 140 - 150 FPS now i am getting only around 80 - 100 FPS. I have tried a lot of things, like installing driver only without adrenaline software, installing old stable drivers, tweaking the settings in Adrenaline software, but none of them worked.

Requesting any kind of help.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
4 Replies
tjgodin
Journeyman III

I found 22.11.1 to be the most stable in terms of FPS in Destiny 2 since Lightfall dropped, but there definitely is a FPS drop when entering the various areas on Neptune.  I have a friend with an Nvidia card and he experiences the same issues regarding the FPS drop.  That said, I find the 23.x series drivers experience even MORE of a stutter/choke in FPS - so I think there is something happening in terms of shaders re-caching all the time vs. the 22.x series drivers.

0 Likes

Hi tjgodin,

First of all thank you for the reply.

Can you please let me know with 22.11.1 what is lowest drop in FPS in Neptune? Just for some validations from my side so that i can check the same as well.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Sorry about the delayed response.  I've seen 20-30fps drops when on Neptune.  So 120fps down to 100fps for example.

0 Likes

Thanks man!!

0 Likes