Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

robberth
Journeyman III

RX 5700XT Nitro+ crashing

Hello everybody,

Ive got a Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ which i got somewhere in november if i remember correctly.

When i got it it was perfectly fine, but recently, the last 2 weeks or so it started crashing games like mad.

BF5 starts fine, but after a minute or so ingame it just black screens it (sounds still playing) and stops responding to any input and needs to be reset.

World of warships just stops midgame with an error message that the game crashed, so i cannot play the game anymore as everytime it crashes it makes me a pink player for deserting the match.

But strangely enough COD:WaW plays fine with no trouble at all.

Ive already set my BIOS back to the most basic settings, no XMP what so ever, cleaned the drivers for the GPU and tried multiple previous versions but to no avail. also updated the chipset drivers but nothing.

temperature is fine, with Furmark it stopped at 60 degrees (Furmark continues but the temperature doesnt rise any further). also just using the PC when browsing or watching youtube or other movies its perfectly fine.

my pc specs;

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X with Corsair H100x (2 radiator cooling fans and 3x 140mm casefans)

GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT Nitro+

MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk

Mem: 32 GB > G.Skill Aegis F4-3000C16D x2

Storage:

3x 1TB 7200rpm Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0

1x 1TB Intel M600 M2

1x 120GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (OS drive with W10 X64)

PSU: Corsair RM650

Does anyone have an idea what else it could be?

0 Likes
6 Replies
moousa
Adept I

i have same problem and i try every solutions but still  same

only game i can play league of legend

i have radeon 20.1.3 that best one i try

0 Likes

same exactly only league of legend i can play

0 Likes
robberth
Journeyman III

I seem to have it fixed, i removed to memory banks that i installed a few weeks before the issue began and it would seem that one of them has an issue. im running on 16gigs now and its working fine

0 Likes
warsun
Challenger

Set your driver to default

Uninstall your driver an install this one. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-9-1 

0 Likes
fajrifauzan
Adept I

that's major issue with AMD 5700 series right now.. overheating issue, rendering issue, and driver issue..

0 Likes
ableau
Adept II

Same SAPPHIRE NITRO+ 5700XT, same black screen problem, mostly while playing Twilight Struggle, a very mild game with 2D graphics, in Windowed Mode 3200x1800

Updated drivers yesterday to 20.4.2; it is much worse screen turns black every 10 minutes, needs a hard reset to have it come back.

Rest of the system:

MB: Gigabyte X5700 AORUS ULTRA

CPU: AMD 3950X @ 3500MHz

RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) G.SKILL 3600

PSU: Corsair AX1000 (1000W)

Windows 10 build 1909

Screen: LG 32UD59 4K Freesync@60Hz

0 Likes