Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

icecard7
Journeyman III

RX 5700XT Memory clock freeze on 1750

Hi, Team

My 5700XT 50th memory clock always freeze on 1750, never drop.

I check the other guy never happen like that. it cause high temperature i have to manual control fan. 

11.png

0 Likes
16 Replies
icecard7
Journeyman III

I even try re-image my system, still not working

0 Likes
pcp_1989
Adept II

how is yours running at 1750 on the memory mine is set stock at 875 and from what ive been seeing and hearing the highest overclock for memory is 900. im pretty sure amd actually put a limiter on the memory so how did you get yours so high?

0 Likes

i am not meaning the highest value, but from the other guy testing,

This frequent can be drop on idle time, like 204mhz.

875x2 =1750, so that meaning my memory clock running over 1750 all the time even idle. It's should be dynamic change, but freeze on my pc.

I re-image system, change to another mainboard.

so it's abnormal issue, should be related bug or something. the very bad thing for this high clock will cause high temperature. i know there is same issue in history on RX480

below URL show idle running 204

https://www.chiphell.com/article-22109-5.html 

0 Likes
m1adam
Adept II

mine is also at 875 weird clock info

0 Likes
coolingcpu
Journeyman III

Endothermic material may help absorbing the heat . If you are interested will offer you a free sample material.

0 Likes
osirismelb
Adept III

0 Likes

already scored the new driver and did a complete uninstall and reinstall and still exactly the same issues as before  im serious bout to just send the card back for a refund this is beyond frustrating at this point. i feel like ive been my head up against the wall non stop since i got my card last friday and i am tired.

0 Likes

I did DDU old one, and install 19.7.2, still freeze memory clock to 1750.

I have to manual set fan policy, otherwise it will very hot

1234.png

0 Likes
kingllama
Journeyman III

Mine hits that much and has frames drops like crazy when turning around in any game. Why does the gpu show as full mhz but the memory only shows 875mhz? I'd think they would adjust it correctly.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
coolingcpu
Journeyman III

The Endothermic material will cool down the heat without even applying the fans ..

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

I have the same problem with a 5700 xt card. Memory is stuck at 875 mhz which leads to high temperatures when idle. Have you managed to solve it somehow or rmd'd your gpu?

0 Likes

Nope, still have this issue

0 Likes
coolingcpu
Journeyman III

If it’s about high temperatures and need cooling..Endothermic sheet is a phase change material Which maybe applied to manage control high temperatures .

0 Likes
sp3ctrumm
Adept I

RMA it. 

0 Likes
pcp_1989
Adept II

Mines actually gotten worse since I installed a ryzen 5 3600 upgrading from a r5 1600. Now watyman doesnt show any info dor my card at all its basically just blank. All the boxes are grouped together in the upper left corner with no readings. Theres other guys posting on here with exact same issue too. Not this thread here but on the AMD forums I mean. I don't think it's hardware tho cause it was working with my r5 1600 I just couldn't use watyman for anything without crashes. I could rma my card and even have the shipping slip printed and process started but I'm going to wait a few more days or a week to be sure a driver patch doesn't fix the issue. I got two weeks left to return it for another card. Unfortunately newegg doesn't do cash refund or I would of already sent it back for my money back. 

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

It looks that this is a driver and not hardware related issue. Memory able to clock down to 100 mhz when idle if i am switching monitor refresh rate to 120 hz 1440p from 144hz in windows settings. I am currently using 32gk650f (2560*1440 144hz screen) connected via displayport 1.2. Interesting that memory clocks are still stuck at their highest state (875mhz in wattman and 1750mhz in gpu-z) with 100hz 1440p and 75hz 1440p modes.
Unfortunately It's unknown if AMD will ever fix the issue
More about this topic here: https://community.amd.com/thread/241665 
5700xt idle 120hz.bmp

0 Likes