cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

legedia_328
Newcomer

RX 5700XT game crash and PC shuts down automatically

I'm getting some crashing problems with my XFX RX 5700XT THICC III. I don't know if it's related to hardware or software, but it's giving me a lot of headaches, and those problems began since the first day (almost a month ago). My specific problem is that the videogame just crash and the sound freezes, making some kind of looping sound, I can relate that sound more to when you play a scratched CD. Then, like 3 seconds later, my PC just restarts automatically. It only happens while gaming, I've not experienced that problem in normal tasks as browsing, or everything else. In this month of using this GPU, happened 6 times: 3 times on Prepar3D, 1 time on Forza Horizon 4, 1 time on Alien Isolation and 1 time on Assassin's Creed Unity. I used DDU before installing this new RX card. The performance is great, because some people are experiencing lost of performance, but in my case this RX runs as the monster it is, but those crashes take away my peace. I've also ran Furmark and UNIGINE Heaven benchmark without any problem. This is my setup:

• Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite motherboard (F50 BIOS version)
  • AMD Ryzen 2700X CPU
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) 3000mhz (running @ 3200mhz) RAM
  • Corsair CX600 PSU (600W)
  • XFX RX 5700XT THICC III GPU (I'm using the HDMI port) (20.1.1 drivers)
  • Samsung SyncMaster TA550 27''

I would like to know if there's someone who knows if those symtoms sound more like hardware or software (drivers) related. I have faith that they are only the drivers, although this GPU was released 6 months ago, how is it possible that the problems have not been solved and that users continue reporting problems? I come from using a GTX1060 3GB, and I never had a single problem in two years.

0 Likes
0 Replies