Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

onurhazar
Journeyman III

RX 5700XT Downclocking, Stuttering at Black Desert Online

Hello everyone,

I am almost start to lose my mind. I recently bought RX5700xt upgrading from 1050ti. As I expect it should be huge upgrade but sad part is RX5700xt is worse than my old poor 1050ti.

I am only playing Black Desert Online and almost tried everything to resolve downclocking. When i play the game GPU SCLK always hangs around 800-1000MHz and it causes huge fps drops in game and stutters.

I tried almost every possible solution that I find.

Fresh Windows install, chipset update, old driver, new driver, bios update, in game configs, software configs, limiting min clock speed to 1800Mhz etc etc. A lot more that I can not even remember.

I tried CS GO and Rise of The Tomb Raider. There are no problems with it. CS-GO 250 fps and SCLK locks itself to 1900MHz, Tomb Raider 120+ with highest settings that game offer with DX12 and again SCLK locks itself around 1900MHz.

But games such as BDO, Battlerite. GPU always downclock itself no matter what settings I set. GPU does not want to push itself to its limits. Like I do not care your gaming man, I will save power.

I have 144Hz 1ms delay monitor. Also tried setting it 120hz, 75hz, 60hz, same problem. 

Also in game I found 2 people that has RX 5700xt and they do not have this problem. I copied their settings but it did not solve problem either. One of them was does not even know what software he was using but playing so smoothly. 

System: MSI Radeon RX 5700xt Gaming, Ryzen 5 3600x, Gigabyte B450 Gaming X, 700W supply. 

I am really starting to lose my mind and I need a fix. Is it only related with software? Can my card be a broken one? Is there solution for this? It is quite expensive card in my country but I am about to break it and throw it from window and go get RTX 2060.

I am sharing a youtube video which a guy has same like me: 

Radeon RX 5700 Downclocking issue in Path of Exile - YouTube 

He has this problem at Path of Exile and I have the same problem at Black Desert Online.

Anybody has a solution for this downclocking? 

0 Likes
4 Replies
onurhazar
Journeyman III

Anything?

0 Likes
warsun
Challenger

Set your driver to default

Uninstall your driver an install this one. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-9-1 

Forget this suggestion. Check out the offical website on this issue. There is a patch update that should fix it. This is availiable for MSI so far. You may try to install it.

If it fail uninstall the driver an just wait for the Update to become available for your system.

0 Likes
onurhazar
Journeyman III

I am gonna try it know but not so hopeful

0 Likes
gn07
Adept II

I’m having this problem too with my 6800xt. Unacceptable performance from an 800 dollar gpu and I greatly regret not buying a 3080.

0 Likes