cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Raide616
Journeyman III

RX 5700XT - Apex Randomly Crashes

I'm new to making posts like these so I apologize if I'm not doing this properly.

I've been having an issue with my graphics card where apex will randomly crash in the middle of a match. It happens even when I'm doing something that's not demanding like walking around. It doesn't happen immediately either, it's usually in the middle or towards the end of a long match. However it's not every match, I can play a couple of matches with no issues but it always crashes at the minimum once an hour-long session. I never have this issue with other games, no matter how demanding the game might be.

Recently I got this error message (0x887a0006 dxgi_error_device_hung) from one of the crashes and it stopped me from booting up Apex entirely, but after restarting my PC it never showed up again. It was the first time I had received that message from a crash.

I've tried everything from reinstalling my game, verifying files, moving from origin to steam twice, running as admin, and even resetting my PC entirely. I honestly have no idea what I could do at this point besides buy a new graphics card.

My card is a Saphire Nitro+

0 Likes
1 Reply

Are you using a 1.4 DP cable that solved all of my problems on the 6900xt.
Have you uninstalled graphics drivers in Safemode using DDU?  if not try that.  IF you do not know how look it up there is several tutorials on it..  This insures that the drivers get completely removed so that there is a fresh install of the most current drivers..  This very well could help your situation...  It has for me several times...
You can download it from here:  https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Jays 2 cents has a good tutorial on how to do this properly..

Also this has been reported as a problem over two weeks ago for Nvidia users as well, you not alone, try updating windows and your Drivers if you have not yet, I have read you have done everything aside from what I have mentioned above...

0 Likes