cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jarixx
Adept I

RX 5700 XT windows crash and restarts

My system crash, often with screen going black and windows restarts. Sometimes I got the message that wattman settings are restored due to system failure, somtimes not. In the event logs there are no hardware failures, just a notice that windows restarted unexpectedly. This happens often when i cold boot so it is not a heat or stress related problem. 

I have read a lot of forums about this old and new but have not found a direct solution. 

I recently reset my windows and cleaned install everything and hooked up my Gigabyte 5700 with two rails for the power, before I had it connected on one. I did not have any problems for days and then suddenly it appeared again  .

Feels like somewhere after the reset I installed or changed something with the system that triggers this behaviour.

The only monitoring software I have is bios and armoury crate (with aura sync). The only thing I have left to try is revert back to an old adrenaline suite if that is a solution? 

I built the system early spring and it was rock solid over the summer and the crashes started out of nowhere a couple of months back. (several updates of adrenaline later) So I suspect either windows updates or adrenaline software.

It is totally unacceptable to have those sudden restarts so I need help or input. 

My System;

ASUS ROG STRIX X570-I Gaming
AMD RYZEN 9 3900X Default no OC
GSKILL F4-3600C17-16GTZR 32 GB XMP @ 3600
GIGABYTE RX 5700 XT Gaming OC Default
CORSAIR Force MP 600 NVMIE SSD

Windows 10 Pro 2002

0 Likes
0 Replies