Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bryan93
Adept I

Rx 5700 xt turns off my PC when launching a game

Hello,

1 week ago I bought a rx 5700 xt to replace a rx 580 but since I changed my chart, when launching games my PC shuts down yet I have a 750 watt power supply from corsair and when I change the graphics card everything works but with the rx 5700 xt my crash system my computer scientist told me that it came from the graphics card so I passed the guarantee to have another one have you solutions because I find it not too normal to pay his 400 euro so that in the end it almost doesn't work ;( , Sorry if my English is not very good I used a translator

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

11 Replies
vandreal
Adept I

I'm having the same problem. I've had that happen with the Hunter: Call of the Wild, but Ghost Recon: Wildlands doesn't seem to give me that problem. I think it's a fan problem. My computer is acting like it does when it overheats. I'm wondering if the fans are not actually spinning up when they are supposed to. I've done a complete DDU uninstall of drivers from Safe Mode and installed from a downloaded file of the drivers direct from AMD. I am still getting a VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE every once in a while though. Hopefully AMD solves this problem soon or I might be forced to go back to "team green". I really want to support AMD but if they won't stand behind their own product and provide reasonable support I'll have to look for changing my hardware in the near future.

bryan93
Adept I

Is your PC restarting too?

vandreal
Adept I

It was, but I went ahead and did the windows reset and installed fresh drivers and all. It's been working alright, but the performance doesn't seem to be what it should. Then, just last night, I was playing "the Hunter: Call of the Wild" and right after I exited the game my computer crashed with "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" BSOD. This is because of the 5700 drivers. I'm getting really sick of this!!

0 Likes
vandreal
Adept I

Screenshot (114).png

0 Likes
wth
Adept II

I've had the same issue's with my RX 590.PC will reboot on its own soon as far cry 5 or new dawn get to main loading screen.Have done clean installs of both windows and drivers and still happens.Never had this issue with the 19.6.2 drivers so guess I'll stay with those until AMD can get this figured out.

wth
Adept II

Tried the latest drivers and still same issue. Have found 3 fixes for this.  1 install the drivers only , no relive or 2 set you're anti virus to stateful instead of on access or 3 Use the 19.6.2 drivers.  Have went back to the 19.6.2 drivers on mine since they work.

0 Likes

I'll look at going to those drivers. Question though: How's your performance on older games with those drivers? i.e. Witcher 3, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Ghost Recon Wildlands, etc?

0 Likes

The 19.6.2's run pretty good for me.I did get a driver update thru Microsoft which was for the 19.20 driver only and seems to still be working without any issues.If u install 19.6.2 and win 10 updates to the 19.20 u will have the relive from the old 19.6.2 and that seems to work as i think this is a relive/Adrenalin software issue.

0 Likes

What kind of fps/performance are you getting? I get solid 60 fps in No Man's Sky, with dips only when loading, but Borderlands 2 and older games are horrible performance. Ghost Recon Wildlands and Breakpoint aren't running very well. I just want things to be playable again with decent graphics and FPS.

0 Likes

My RX 590 gets 60+ fps on high settings on most games, just depends on the game.Wildlands and Breakpoint is a diff story, Any of those games you're going to find that Ubisoft just doesn't know how to optimize their games but Breakpoint in the beta did run in the 80 fps range but I have heard it no longer runs that good after it was released.

omalik9
Journeyman III

Hi Guys - I'm having the same issue.  

1. updated the bios
  2. removed all nvidia drivers
  3. psu supplies 600 w 
  4. windows is up to date

Did you guys manage to fix your shutdown of the entire system at the point of game start?