cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

raver
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT still crashing with 19.7.2

As many other people here, I still get crashes with RX 5700 XT on the newest version (19.7.2). It's better than 19.7.1 where I couldn't start even CS:GO but it still has very severe issues.

For example, if I start Apex Legends, only after 1-4 seconds in the main menu, it crashes the entire system and causes reboot. The same occurs if I try to go to the options menu in Rainbow Six Siege. Also UserBenchmarks have stopped working for me, even though I could run them immediately after install. Now either its 1st or 3rd GPU test causes a system reboot.

I've tried to completely uninstall the driver with DDU, revert to 19.7.1, uninstall it, install 19.7.2 again, reinstall Windows, switch to PCIe3, set undervoltage, disable FreeSync and GPU scaling. When I remove RX 5700 XT and install my old GPU (GTX 960) everything works.

I hope this issue gets resolved as soon as possible because I have to fall back to my old GPU for now unless I want to crash my system every now and then.

My specifications: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT / MSI x570 Gaming Plus / 2x Corsair 8 Gb 3600 MHz / Corsair CX600 PSU

1 Solution

Hello,

Thank you for your response! I did try to reinstall the driver with DDU, unfortunately to no avail.

However, since apparently different sources list different recommended PSU outputs, I've tried to find out whether my PSU could be the issue. I've bought a 650W PSU instead of my old 600W and the system does not crash anymore. I still got black screen a couple of times in one game (Apex Legends, one time the screen went entirely black but the system still ran, and another time both my displays flickered black during a game but returned to the normal state soon afterwards) but everything else works now.

View solution in original post

67 Replies