Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: RX 5700 XT still crashing with 19.7.2

Jump to solution

Please could you try running DDU in safe mode and then downloading and installing the full 19.7.2 package from www.amd.com/drivers as a troubleshooting suggestion?

Please could you provide a picture showing the internals of your chassis?

Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Mr. Amdmatt, why should we use DDU after system reinstallation? Many people reported same issues even after system reinstall.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Yes, until we have an updated driver out to fix this particular issue. 

Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Mr. AmdMatt, would it be possible for you to give an estimated date on, when this new driver will be released?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

No sorry i cannot provide a timeframe. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for your response! I did try to reinstall the driver with DDU, unfortunately to no avail.

However, since apparently different sources list different recommended PSU outputs, I've tried to find out whether my PSU could be the issue. I've bought a 650W PSU instead of my old 600W and the system does not crash anymore. I still got black screen a couple of times in one game (Apex Legends, one time the screen went entirely black but the system still ran, and another time both my displays flickered black during a game but returned to the normal state soon afterwards) but everything else works now.

View solution in original post

Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Update to latest bios before clean installing windows saves you alot of unnecessary work, what cpu are you using? your mobo is similar to mine, latest bios was flashed when i got the board so far no crashing for my 5700xt. I was having crashing issues with asrock b450 fatality itx + 5700xt. Now its just smooth sailing for me.

msi_x570.jpg

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know, it does sound like the PSU was at fault. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with my rainbow six. It locks up or crashes to desktop repeatly now.  I have a 5700 xt a 3700x clean window installation and 19.7.2 drivers.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I don’t know what that means, could you put that in words that I could understand?

0 Kudos