fubister
Adept I
Adept I

Re: RX 5700 XT still crash whit 19.7.4

yue0707
Adept II
Adept II

I agree with you about being tired of this. This card has been a disaster for me. Terrible drivers, I'll gladly pay the price premium from Nvidia for a working card. 

Even when Turing came out it didn't have the issues this is having so I don't want anyone doing the "it's a new arch" crap. No, the architecture is fine, it's the crap cooler and intern coded alpha drivers that seem like they were never QA'd that we have a problem with. 

Nah AMD probably rush released it to make sure they beat Nvidia to their refresh. Just very disappointed. I'm gonna stick through this, but next refresh cycle I'm not buying AMD GPUs anymore. Just completely ruined that experience for me.. and I have AMD GPUs since the HD 6700 series release (mixed with some Nvidia cards)

Now I'm gonna go and f#$king pray that 19.7.5 drivers that litterally just dropped fix AT LEAST the total game breaking bugs after I reinstall windows for the 5th time today. 

0 Kudos
yue0707
Adept II
Adept II

Check now, they made it public on their website. 

kaiwei1992
Adept I
Adept I

Same issue here and i have tried out driver 19.7.1/2/3/4/5 until the latest. Black Ops 4 and Apex Legend still crash and full of stuttering. All driver clean install with DDU. This is my current spec:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

aorus x570i ITX mobo

3200mhz C16  ( 8gb x 2 )Hynix Module Ram

AMD RX5700XT 

aorus KD25F 240hz monitor

yue0707
Adept II
Adept II

What interface are you running to your monitor? HDMI or DP and at what refresh?

Keep GPU-Z open and adjust your refreshrate through the ranges until the sensors come back online if you can't see them. 

Go into Wattman and try to get the voltages as low as they can go stable, then add 20% to the fan curve. 

0 Kudos
blewclouds
Adept II
Adept II

kaiwei1992‌ do you have any other memory that you can try?  I originally had these installed:

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black 

After I cam across a memory error I bought this:

Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz 16GB Kit - Black - RGB

As soon as I replaced it I had no more memory errors problems and far less crashes than before.

0 Kudos
deptec
Adept II
Adept II

Dont think its the drivers, might be something els, i have been using 19.7.1 since i got the card and ran perfect in every game i have tried so fare, apex, lol, RL, wow, rainbow six siege, division 2, gets alittle to hot for my taste in division 2, but other then that, nothing wrong.

i installed the 19.7.5 last night and still no problems.

AMD RX 5700 XT

MSI x570-a pro

Arctic freezer 33 eSport One

16GB G.Skill Aegis

1TB Intel 660P Nvme M.2 SSD

650w NZXT-E 80+ Gold

0 Kudos
breimeister
Adept II
Adept II

It seemed odd that after installing the drivers the software suggest turning sync and that is when my problems begin.  I just installed the latest driver and unchecked the enable the enhanced sync recommendation.  I have now successfully played two games with no crashes.

0 Kudos
hexman
Adept I
Adept I

Good to hear its working for you too. If you ever use the wattman performance overlay (temps, fps and such) it can cause issues too. Some games simply won't start properly if you have it displaying. Some will behave a bit erratically. 

At the end of the day we shouldn't have to endure this nonsense.

0 Kudos
deptec
Adept II
Adept II

I use wattsman, cuz this card needs atleast a 50% increase in fans. There havent been any problems, like crashes, only that wattsman freezes rarest, i just have to close it and open it again.

0 Kudos