Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lusian88
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT still crash whit 19.7.4

Hi,

Every time i try to playing every game (i just try BFV/Apex/Total War 3 Kingdom/Tropico 6/sea of solitude) this will crash after 5min or less. Blackscreen and application closed.
I have a fresh start windows, all new and only AMD driver installed on the pc.

My build is:

Msi 570x Gaming Plus

Ryzen 7 3700x

Rx 5700 xt

Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3200MHz

SSD Samsung 970 Evo 500gb

HDD Toshiba 3Tb SATA 6

Corsair TX750M

23 Replies
devi21
Journeyman III

Hello,

Bios up to date or even better beta?
Try PCIe 3.0 in Bios?

check during the game if the data is still displayed correctly in Wattman.

I have the problem that if I start a game sometimes Wattman in the background doesn't work properly anymore and the fan of the graphics card doesn't turn up.

Then you have to switch the "Virtual Resolution" on and off under "Display".

Additionally you should deactivate "Enchand Sync" and adjust the fan curve upwards.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

0 Likes
middy
Adept III

I've been having the same issue as well. Frequent crashing with my 5700XT. All has happened with 19.7.1, 19.7.2, 19.7.3, and now 19.7.4. Screen flashes black and most of the time it recovers back. I check event viewer and I have 3 - 5 "display driver crashed and successfully recovered" warnings all seconds after each other. Today I just had one when I went to launch StarCraft 2 and this time it didn't recover. I had to hard reboot. I checked event viewer and I had 5 "display driver crashed and successfully recovered" warnings all seconds after each other but again, this time the screen didn't recover back and my keyboard and mouse wouldn't work. Couldn't even activate caps lock.

the crashing are all random. From sitting at desktop just closing out of an installation box, to crashing loading up a game like SC2 or Dota Underlords. And its all random times. I just went 3 days of 100% uptime, no reboot and no crashes with 19.7.3 after getting some with 19.7.3 prior and then today with 19.7.4, bam, a crash. Sometimes I'll get three crashes in a row in a single day, or I can go three days with no crash.

And no, I do not and never had enhance sync enabled. I don't have relive enabled, I don't have VSR enabled. I never, ever, enabled the stupid crap AMD radeon settings recommend. I just run the damn thing at full stock. I don't use afterburner either. I don't mess around with wattman. I didn't change any settings in the global. The only thing fancy is freesync enabled since I bought into your freesync instead of going gsync.

I'm really getting tired of this crap. I wish AMD learned to code because this is just downright terrible. I wish I bought a 2070 super instead. I wish Nvidia would get more back in stock because I'm tired AMD. I am tired of your terrible drivers. I can't take this anymore, I really can't. I'm tired of feeling like my damn card is built off of woodscrews and glue with how unstable this nonsense is because it is nonsense. THIS SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING.

And the worst of it all, how do I really know if its the card or not? My retailer doesn't have anymore in stock, so I can get a replacement. But then I come here and go on reddit and all I see is other users complaining about crashing as well. I know AMD said enhance sync can cause crashing in the driver release notes, but I DON'T HAVE IT ENABLED AND NEVER HAVE. So I don't know. I don't know anything except of how horrible this experience has been for me. I just want a stable system and the sad, pathetic thing was, my system was stable before I went back to AMD.

MOBO: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ stock settings

GPU: XFX RX 5700 XT

RAM: 2x 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ

DISK: SSD (250GB - Windows)

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G3 850W

MONITOR: Dell S2719DGF 1440P 144hz freesync enabled

DRIVER: Happens on both 19.7.2 & 19.7.3 & 19.7.4 - limited testing with 19.7.1

VBIOS: 113-D1820501-101

Sounds wierd, might be u card, i stil run on 19.7.1, cuz im not gonna upgrade the driver, before i they fix all this crap..

i still havent got any crashes or anything 

0 Likes

I uninstalled the drivers using the AMD Clean utility then installed the Graphics driver, only, via the Device Manager. Do not install the Radeon software. Then, I installed MSI Afterburner and enabled a custom Fan profile that is at least 30% greater than stock - this card needs cooling. This and only this seems to have sorted it. I am using 19.7.3 version of the drivers. 

PS: make sure your AMD Chipset drivers are up to date! Do this first.

0 Likes

At what temp did u turn it up 30%?

i Saw this in another tread: i tried this, and it seems to keep my temp under 90 in most games.

Original fan curve is set to appease people who hate the turbine sound, but at the same time its not nearly as fast as a blower type fan needs to be to properly cool a card. If you increase it to like 50-60% at around 80c point it will drop 20c+ off gpu temp and 15c+ off Junction temp. A slightly more aggressive Idle will help too.”

0 Likes

I agree with you about being tired of this. This card has been a disaster for me. Terrible drivers, I'll gladly pay the price premium from Nvidia for a working card. 

Even when Turing came out it didn't have the issues this is having so I don't want anyone doing the "it's a new arch" crap. No, the architecture is fine, it's the crap cooler and intern coded alpha drivers that seem like they were never QA'd that we have a problem with. 

Nah AMD probably rush released it to make sure they beat Nvidia to their refresh. Just very disappointed. I'm gonna stick through this, but next refresh cycle I'm not buying AMD GPUs anymore. Just completely ruined that experience for me.. and I have AMD GPUs since the HD 6700 series release (mixed with some Nvidia cards)

Now I'm gonna go and f#$king pray that 19.7.5 drivers that litterally just dropped fix AT LEAST the total game breaking bugs after I reinstall windows for the 5th time today. 

0 Likes
hexman
Adept I

I've had my 5700XT from a few days after release. At first I had a lot of crashes but found be turning enhanced sync off it solved most of them. It seems a lot of games do not like AMDs overlay and for some I don't use it.

It seemed odd that after installing the drivers the software suggest turning sync and that is when my problems begin.  I just installed the latest driver and unchecked the enable the enhanced sync recommendation.  I have now successfully played two games with no crashes.

0 Likes

Good to hear its working for you too. If you ever use the wattman performance overlay (temps, fps and such) it can cause issues too. Some games simply won't start properly if you have it displaying. Some will behave a bit erratically. 

At the end of the day we shouldn't have to endure this nonsense.

0 Likes

I use wattsman, cuz this card needs atleast a 50% increase in fans. There havent been any problems, like crashes, only that wattsman freezes rarest, i just have to close it and open it again.

0 Likes
lusian88
Journeyman III

UPDTATE: I have fixed my problem and have a nice stream of 4h whitout any crash/lag/ or problem from the GPU!

For who have my same hardware setup just follow this maybe will help:

System update: 

Update the Bios to the 7C37vA2 

Update the Chipset driver to version 19.10.16 

Update Windows 10 including minor updates and the May 2019 update

Update driver Adrenalin 19.7.4 

0 Likes
middy
Adept III

I fixed my issue too. Sent the card back for a refund yesterday and bought a gigabyte 2070 super. I’m done trying all these work arounds and waiting for finewine drivers. I’m done be treated as a guinea pig by amd. I should have learned after the rx480 launch, ryzen 1 launch, and vega launch.

if I’m going to be stuck with a card that feels like it’s built off of wood screws and glue I might as well go back to the original wood screw provider. Nvidia.

0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

I just Saw a 19.7.5 Update in adrenalin, but when i check on amd website for patch notes, i cant see the Update, only 19.7.4

Check now, they made it public on their website. 

kaiwei1992
Adept I

Same issue here and i have tried out driver 19.7.1/2/3/4/5 until the latest. Black Ops 4 and Apex Legend still crash and full of stuttering. All driver clean install with DDU. This is my current spec:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

aorus x570i ITX mobo

3200mhz C16  ( 8gb x 2 )Hynix Module Ram

AMD RX5700XT 

aorus KD25F 240hz monitor

What interface are you running to your monitor? HDMI or DP and at what refresh?

Keep GPU-Z open and adjust your refreshrate through the ranges until the sensors come back online if you can't see them. 

Go into Wattman and try to get the voltages as low as they can go stable, then add 20% to the fan curve. 

0 Likes

yue0707‌ currently running DP port refresh rate 240hz and my GPU already stable UV at 10600mv core 1900mhz fan curve 50%, CPU remain stock XFR disabled as well. With freesync on/off still the same issue, stutter badly on black ops 4 and apex legend. While my radeon vii rig works on the same driver without any issue.

One question I want to ask not related is where the hell are the AMD mods at? It's been total silence with them, no status update, nothing. 

We're left in the dust to figure out how to get this crap to work. Again, why should I buy AMD products in the future? Don't even get me started on their "tech" support phone service.

0 Likes

kaiwei1992‌ do you have any other memory that you can try?  I originally had these installed:

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black 

After I cam across a memory error I bought this:

Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz 16GB Kit - Black - RGB

As soon as I replaced it I had no more memory errors problems and far less crashes than before.

0 Likes

blewclouds‌ yeah already swap with C16 (16-16-16-36) GSKILL on my rendering rig also (2x8gb) 3600mhz (b-die) still happening also.

The Patriot Viper 2666mhz also b-die platform ?

0 Likes

same here black ops 4 still not working

0 Likes
deptec
Adept II

Dont think its the drivers, might be something els, i have been using 19.7.1 since i got the card and ran perfect in every game i have tried so fare, apex, lol, RL, wow, rainbow six siege, division 2, gets alittle to hot for my taste in division 2, but other then that, nothing wrong.

i installed the 19.7.5 last night and still no problems.

AMD RX 5700 XT

MSI x570-a pro

Arctic freezer 33 eSport One

16GB G.Skill Aegis

1TB Intel 660P Nvme M.2 SSD

650w NZXT-E 80+ Gold

0 Likes