cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lajcik
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT Red Dragon Buzzing sound

1 Week ago i get my RX 5700 XT 8 GB Red Dragon.. since then it does Buzzing sound whenever i Scroll up or down on the site or Move my mouse on the icons from desktop.. or video on youtube plays or just sitting on facebook ( ITS NOT COIL WHINE ) This stops when im in BIOS or when Drivers are uninstalled i tried with literally all the drivers and on every single one its the same.. when they are uninstalled GONE NO BUZZING SOUND 5 sec after installation of Drivers BOOM Buzzing sound when something moves on the screen.. thats soo stupid i paid in Poland soo much for this garbage card? like how is that even possible to release such a thing? Anyone has similar problem? anyone has any fix? i tried EVERYTHING nothing works.. BTW i can also hear the same sound in my headphones when something is moving on the screen, its 100% GPU i checked it. Dunno if its the Drivers issue and i have to wait for the fix.. or just RMA the card and switch to the Green Team maybe i will pay more but atleast i get a working Card with good Drivers.
PS: Buzzing starts only after installing " Screen Drivers AMD " 

0 Likes
4 Replies
jackcorb
Adept I

Exactly the same issue here with an RX 5700 XT Gigabyte Gaming OC. It only started about a week ago when I updated my drivers and is really annoying. I did manage to get rid of it by following the instructions at the bottom of this thread but it means using 19.9.2 which is missing a bunch of fixes and game optimisations: Weird crackling noise coming from RX 5700 XT? : Amd 

Wow, same here. Powercolor Red Devil with AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. I noticed a faint, yet irritating, electric buzz a few weeks ago. Also happened whenever I moved my mouse or scrolled a webpage. I also remember that it disappeared for a bit, but then I updated my drivers to 20.1.3 and now it's back again. Seems a bit worse now as I popped up the Radeon software screen, went to Performance, and each time some red filled in a graph, the buzz occurred. Bzzt, bzzt, bzzt, each time the graph changed. I know this is a few months old (the OP), but even with the newest drivers, this is an issue on at least my card. 

Sucky thing is, if I move away or on a different angle, I can't hear it. It's just so happens that the position I sit in and where the tower is, it's right in my ear all the time. Having to do stuff with my head leaned to the side isn't how this should work.

0 Likes
ejoya
Journeyman III

I have RX 5700 XT 8 GB Red Dragon (2 fan version), driver version 20.2.2
Also have the same problem. Initially was searching for coil whine problems, but after testing you case - scrolling, or even selecting text on any web page really causes this noise, something like buzzing/cracking

As top comment suggested, using 19.9.2 drivers seems to have fixed the problem, but the problem itself is troubling

0 Likes

I have identical issue on Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5500XT. This seems to be the general issue on all AMD RX5000 series. I don't know why some cards have this and some don't.

0 Likes